Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dakota
    replied
    This is getting proper word of mouth from fans. They've nailed the best Star Trek since Wrath of Khan seems to be the word....

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    I'll be seeing the Preview Tuesday, but I just read an ill omen. Apparently this Star Trek takes place in a 'parallel universe' to the one we know, ergo things can happen that won't fit it with the story-line as we know it from TV and previous films. :evil:
    You "just" read that? Apparently, you're not paying close attention!

It's not necessarily what you think, though. If you're interested in some back story, I would suggest getting the 4-comic miniseries "Star Trek: Countdown". It's written by the same people who wrote the movie. If you have an iPhone, you can download it as an App in the AppStore ($0.99 per issue -- haven't bought a comic for that price since 1986!).

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    I'll be seeing the Preview Tuesday, but I just read an ill omen. Apparently this Star Trek takes place in a 'parallel universe' to the one we know, ergo things can happen that won't fit it with the story-line as we know it from TV and previous films. :evil:
    All of which were so dog-gone believable the first time around . . .

(Go back and watch the "Spock's Brain" episode, for one.)

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied
    Kicking this thread. The movie premieres Thursday night, May 7th. From the clips I've seen, the new actors are faithfully re-creating the characters (Carl Urban as McCoy, in particular), with their own twist.

The going tag-line is "This isn't your grandfather's 'Star Trek'." Grandfather?! How time flies...

Leave a comment:

• dakota
    replied
    There's a lot of different stories regarding Shatner. For a long time people half suspected they're bluffing that he won't be in it. Would be a nice piece of misdirection.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    [quote="Marlow"] but they didn't even invite Shatner to be any part of the process (wisely) and he, of course, threw a hissy fit. quote]

Not true, they asked the bloated Captain Kirk to play the Enterprise and he declined.

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied
    The movie is directed by J. J. Abrams (Mission Impossible III, Cloverfield, Lost). It's a prequel to the original series that chronicles how the crew met. There's some kind of time-travel story involving a Romulan trying to change the past, and good ol' Spock has to come back from the future to save the day:

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    The funniest part is that Leonard Nimoy has a cameo as old Spock, but they didn't even invite Shatner to be any part of the process (wisely) and he, of course, threw a hissy fit. From everything I've read and the trailer I saw, I'll be there at the front of the line! I like the prequel idea and I get the sense they're hamming it up a little to prevent being over-pretentious, which the whole franchise has frequently been.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    started a topic Another Star Trek movie?!!

Another Star Trek movie?!!

The trailer looks pretty good. Marlow, whtachaknow?

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809752801/trailer
Working...
X