Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choose your wife's gift carefully!

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/video.aspx

Any guy who has been married for 5 years and says he hasn't been sent there is a bald-faced liar. I lasted 3 years, when we were coming up on our 3rd anniversary and she had just had our first child. I knew she loved kitchen stuff, so I went out and bought her a deep-fat fryer. I probably would have been all right except I had to open my mouth and say, "now honey, we don't even have to use it until you've lost that baby-fat." . . . :shock: . . . ops: . . . :x . . . . . . luckily I was sent off to Spain for a month-long Navy detachment soon thereafter or my DH time would have been longer.

Comment

How about getting a broom in the store and saying "don't bother to wrap it up, she'll fly it home"? ops: 8-)
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I'm a guy, and I'm the thorough "cleaner" in the family (its a military thing), and I would love a new Dyson vacuum for Christmas :shock:

http://www.dyson.com/homepage.asp Yeah, baby!!

Comment

I think this is all about not meeting expectations. You have to know what your wife/girlfriend thinks is an appropriate birthday or holiday gift. The doghouse video is funny but it shouldn't be taken as advice for everyone. I do know women who would not be at all pleased if their husbands gave them a small piece of jewelry from J.C. Penney.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            You have to know what your wife/girlfriend thinks is an appropriate birthday or holiday gift.
            That is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              You have to know what your wife/girlfriend thinks is an appropriate birthday or holiday gift.
              That is the key.
              Yes, but that's often easier said than done.

Comment

That is the key.
                Especially if they turn up their noses at jewelry (no matter where it's from!).
                My wife never has. My sources have been: a Turkish bazaar (beautiful artistry & very cheap), Amsterdam (ditto), local malls on close-out specials. She liked them all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  That is the key.
                  Especially if they turn up their noses at jewelry (no matter where it's from!).
                  My wife never has. My sources have been: a Turkish bazaar (beautiful artistry & very cheap), Amsterdam (ditto), local malls on close-out specials. She liked them all the same.
                  You mean, you did not go to Jared?
                  :shock: :roll: :wink:
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

That is the key.
                    Keys always work. Keys to the new (you fill in the blank.)

Actually, candlesticks always make a nice gift.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                      Actually, candlesticks always make a nice gift.
                      Colonel Mustard preferred lead pipes.

Comment

Even more important, don't mix up your wife's wishes with your girlfriend's . . .

:P :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                          Even more important, don't mix up your wife's wishes with your girlfriend's.
                          Maybe tandfman's girlfriend has the same taste as his wife when it comes to gifts?

Comment

Mrs. tandfman is both my wife and my girlfriend. It makes things so-o-o-o-o much easier!

Comment

Mrs. tandfman is both my wife and my girlfriend. It makes things so-o-o-o-o much easier!
                              No wonder you have never made the cover of People magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X