Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Often I think these lists are stupid, but this time they got it right. I looked down the list expecting to berate them for not picking Bullitt as #1 but they did.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
      Has anyone mentioned a cult classic, " Thunder Road " ? Gotta love it when Mitchum pops between the 2 police cars.
      My favorite movie as a kid (Robert Mitchum, singing?!---"there was thunder, thunder, over thunder road; thunder was his engine, white lightnin' was his load...").

Favorite scene was when the bad guy is trying to run him off the road and Mitchum flicks his cigarette in the guy's face, sending him off a cliff.

Comment

One of the important aspects of a great car chase scene is its credibility. It can't look like stunt drivers are doing it. How NOT to do it was illustrated in last week's Transporter 3 where Jason Statham' s character, the Transporter, has to squeeze between two semi-tractor-trailers, so he just goes up on two wheels and passes between them. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          One of the important aspects of a great car chase scene is its credibility. It can't look like stunt drivers are doing it. How NOT to do it was illustrated in last week's Transporter 3 where Jason Statham' s character, the Transporter, has to squeeze between two semi-tractor-trailers, so he just goes up on two wheels and passes between them. :roll:
          On the topic of roads and cars, anyone else see Monte Wellman's Two-Lane Blacktop with James Taylor, Dennis Wilson and Warren Oates? I liked it alot and it is now out on dvd.

Comment

Haven't seen it in 30+ years and it would have been slapstick, but wasn't there a good chase scene in "What's Up Doc"?

Comment

Working...
            X