Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bambam
    Can Hieryonmus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Hump and Find True Happiness
    I remember that one ! I WALKED OUT after 30 minutes, it was so bad !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by kuha
      No one who sees these will ever be quite the same again...
      Which explains why you are damaged goods. What's my excuse? :twisted:
      There's a terrible price to be paid for being even a halfway serious student of American pop culture. I"m lucky to be able to walk & talk...

Comment

I'll give you a hint - the last time we saw this character on the big screen was 2004, and the film then was one of my faves of the year, despite a heavy violence factor.
        Can you cut the cryptic stuff and just tell us?

Comment

Re: Great Gawd-Awful Movies...

Originally posted by jhc68
          I watched part of a new one (to me, though it was made in 1959) on TMC this morning: The Killer Shrews.
          Hey, I remember watching that movie about 40 years ago on afternoon tv, just after Garfield Goose on WGN. At the time I thought it was great. I think they escape the shrews by using garbage cans upside down and walking away.

Comment

For a really awful movie, watch the first Pre movie Prefontaine. The horror of watching the stadium clock countdown to 0:00.00 during the memorial service at Hayward and everyone cheering still leaves me cringing.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
              I found myself killing time in a cabin near Corpus Christi, TX recently and ended up watching most of a 1955 movie called Big House, USA. It was the worst thing I have watched for more than about five minutes since I was a kid watching Creature Features. It did have Broderick Crawford, Lon Chaney Jr., Charles Bronson (who was pumped, almost steroidal looking) and William Talman (Perry Mason's Hamilton Burger), but was ham-handed beyond belief.
              WTH were you doing in a cabin near the Sparkling City by the Sea??? Writing a manifesto? :lol:

Comment

Night of the Lepus.
                'Nuff said.

Comment

No one who sees these will ever be quite the same again...
                  Which explains why you are damaged goods. What's my excuse? :twisted:
                  There's a terrible price to be paid for being even a halfway serious student of American pop culture. I"m lucky to be able to walk & talk...
                  Well, then that does it. I'm a fully three-quarters serious student. I'll have to stop typing soon, as I intend to chew some gum.

Originally posted by Daisy
                  I'll give you a hint - the last time we saw this character on the big screen was 2004, and the film then was one of my faves of the year, despite a heavy violence factor.
                  Ohferheavensake, do 20 seconds' worth of internet search to see what movies permiered yesterday! Pretend it's one of those trivia questions and you can CHEAT! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Originally posted by bad hammy
                    I found myself killing time in a cabin near Corpus Christi, TX recently and ended up watching most of a 1955 movie called Big House, USA. It was the worst thing I have watched for more than about five minutes since I was a kid watching Creature Features. It did have Broderick Crawford, Lon Chaney Jr., Charles Bronson (who was pumped, almost steroidal looking) and William Talman (Perry Mason's Hamilton Burger), but was ham-handed beyond belief.
                    WTH were you doing in a cabin near the Sparkling City by the Sea??? Writing a manifesto? :lol:
                    Visiting relatives. Whadda ya gonna do??

Comment

Ohferheavensake, do 20 seconds' worth of internet search to see what movies permiered yesterday! Pretend it's one of those trivia questions and you can CHEAT! :twisted:
                      I did and I couldn't figure it out. Unless you're talking about Madagascar?

Comment

I did and I couldn't figure it out. Unless you're talking about Madagascar?
                        Ha! Mindless violence indeed!

No, I was talking about Punisher: War Zone - a truly dreadful movie. The 2004 Punisher film was great.

Tuesday is the DVD release of The Dark Knight - I'll be at Wal-Mart on my way home from work that day!!

I'm reading lotsa buzz for it getting Oscar noms for Best Picture, Director, and Supporting Actor. (Bale is underappreciated in it - plus it also deserves a Screenplay nod)

Comment

No, I was talking about Punisher: War Zone - a truly dreadful movie. The 2004 Punisher film was great.
                          No wonder I could not figure it out. I'd never heard of the 2004 version.

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point about "bad" films. Something like Plan 9 is a classic and at least makes most of us laugh. Anyone who makes bad films and is later portrayed by Johnny Depp (i..e Ed Wood) couldn't be THAT bad!

I think we've been through this before, but there are some really bad running films, much worse than anything from Ed Wood, who at least could entertain us. How about the one where Ryan O'Neal played a marathoner ("The Games"?) or the woman who ran Boston and crawled to the finish line in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Duncan
                              How about the one where Ryan O'Neal played a marathoner ("The Games"?) .
                              I especially like the scene where he revealed he had been secretely training by running the entire marathon course every night for weeks? months?..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                                I especially like the scene where he revealed he had been secretely training by running the entire marathon course every night for weeks? months?..
                                182 miles per week? Wasn't that an easy recovery week for Lindgren? :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X