Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I especially like the scene where he revealed he had been secretely training by running the entire marathon course every night for weeks? months?..
    182 miles per week? Wasn't that an easy recovery week for Lindgren? :wink:
    Now that I think about it, that is not the only remarkable running accomplishment in that movie.
    I was equally impressed by the aborigine who could pace a pickup at 40mph for miles.
    And, the grizzled former Soviet champion who trained by jogging the interior perimeter of the prison where he was incarcerated for some undefined crime against the state.
    Seems like there was another hero but escapes me at the moment.
    I wonder who, or if, was the running technical advisor on that movie?

Comment

Michael Crawford, played the brit runner with a nutter coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
        Michael Crawford, played the brit runner with a nutter coach.
        Yep, running five minute miles uphill with his coach on his back and planning a 2:00 hour marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Duncan
          I think we've been through this before, but there are some really bad running films, much worse than anything from Ed Wood, who at least could entertain us. How about the one where Ryan O'Neal played a marathoner ("The Games"?) or the woman who ran Boston and crawled to the finish line in the dark.

I remember wanting to kiss that stadium wall he ran into...until I realized it was just a bad writing metaphor.

Comment

2008's 100 biggest turkeys, from The Times

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 245052.ece

Comment

The only one on that bottom 100 list that I've seen

<<17: The Bucket List
              "Rob Reiner has, unintentionally, created a cinematic first: a film about not one but two people with fatal diseases that is so awful, it makes you wish they’d both hurry up and die" - Cosmo Landesman >>

(I didn't find it quite that bad)

Comment

Originally posted by gh

I actually liked Four Christmases. Laugh out loud funny. I have no taste.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                  Originally posted by gh

I actually liked Four Christmases. Laugh out loud funny. I have no taste.
                  Me too. It was entirely predictable, I had no expectations of anything except laughs and it did not disappoint. I will balance it out next week with some gratuitous violence.

Comment

I saw several of those and I agree, there are some real turkeys on that list. I just can't figure out if they are ranked from bad to worst or verse vica.

Comment

Yeah, I laughed at 4 Xmases too. I also found House Bunny, 27 Dresses, Bucket List and Eagle Eye entertaining. Of all the movies on that list (and yes many are total turkeys) there was one I very much liked: Redbelt. I found it very rewarding. The trouble with that list of 100 movies is that it proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the writer simply doesn't like to be entertained very much at all. If you really think ALL those movies are bad, there's something wrong with you, not the movies.

Comment

The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh is one of my favorites.

Another one is a bizarre movie that was done by U. of Tennessee students and filmed on our campus and around Knoxville and East Tennessee called "Incoming Freshmen." It is so bad it's funny. First time I saw it I didn't know what to think. Then a couple hours later I started laughing.

Here's a story on Incoming Freshmen that ran several years ago in Knoxville's Metro Pulse:

http://www.filmvault.com/filmvault/knox ... hmen1.html

Comment

Originally posted by gh

I actually thought Get Smart was an entertaining movie. Some movie sequels of television shows are truly awful, but Get Smart seemed to be able to pay homage to the old show while offering a more contenporary plot. It did seem to staddle the line between an action flick and spoof at times.

I also thought Space Chimps and Clone Wars were okay as kid movies while not offering much for adults. My kids liked them both.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            I agree with the people who have posted on that link: where's the Indiana Jones movie? It was truly awful, boring and pointless (beyond generating revenue by luring the suckers in). I enjoyed both The Bucket List and Bank Job though...

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                              Originally posted by gh
                              I agree with the people who have posted on that link: where's the Indiana Jones movie? It was truly awful, boring and pointless (beyond generating revenue by luring the suckers in). I enjoyed both The Bucket List and Bank Job though...
                              I liked the first and third Indy films and was looking forward to the fourth. Luckily a good friend saw it first and now i never will.

Has Speilberg finally lost it or does he have another Shin. list in him?
                              phsstt!

Comment

Yeah, I too thought the last Indiana Jones movie was one too many.

Comment

Working...
                                X