Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fighting in the war room!

Anyone following this 9-11 show trial? Turns out the way to avoid being sentenced to death in Guantanamo Bay is to confess and plead guilty and demand as a condition of pleading guilty that you will definitely be executed. Apparently this then throws the whole hitherto kangaroo legal system into convulsions as to whether you can execute somebody who wants to commit suicide. Utterly bonkers.

Re: No fighting in the war room!

Originally posted by dakota
    whether you can execute somebody who wants to commit suicide.
    Yossarian's Catch-22!!!

Comment

I thought their strategy was to ensure martyrdom.. but retracted the offer to plead guilty when they were not promised execution.

Comment

I may be a little jaded but i really think the penalty for attempting suicide should be death. :twisted:
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          I may be a little jaded but i really think the penalty for attempting suicide should be death. :twisted:
          This is way too malicious, but couldn't we put them all in the same room, with a nice assortment of cutlery, and let them sort it out for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            This is way too malicious, but couldn't we put them all in the same room, with a nice assortment of cutlery, and let them sort it out for themselves?
            I like it, cheap, efficient and everyone gets to be a martyr, cept for the last guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Another glimpse of Marlow's redeeming residual viscousness. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                Another glimpse of Marlow's redeeming residual viscousness. :evil:
                Viscousness - in that I pour slowly?! :twisted:

I like to think of myself as a pragmatist, as attested to by the post before yours!

Comment

Why are you even bothering with the show-trial? Keeping them all in Gitmo was hardly the height of respect for human rights, due process or observance of international law, so why bother with a so-called trial? Just shoot them. They'll end up dead, 'justice' will be served, they get to be martyrs, so everyone's happy!

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                    Why are you even bothering with the show-trial? Keeping them all in Gitmo was hardly the height of respect for human rights, due process or observance of international law, so why bother with a so-called trial? Just shoot them. They'll end up dead, 'justice' will be served, they get to be martyrs, so everyone's happy!
                    Fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                      Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                      Fine with me.
                      Damn! I have to change my mind now! :lol: Although I was being a tad sarcastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X