Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we still write checks to "Jesse White, Secretary of State." In how many other states does the person in charge of vehicular licenses have his/her own security detail? "Pay-to-play" is, has been and probably always will be, our law of the land (Google "lobbyist, Washington DC"). There are several communities in the Chicago area (among them, Cicero and Chicago Heights — once referred to in the LA Times as "the most corrupt town in America" ) where the ranks of sleazy (and indicted) public officials — many with alleged mob ties — make the Blago administration seem almost amateurish by comparison.

Comment

Jackson denies any "pay-for-play".
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
        Jackson denies any "pay-for-play".
        What a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by tc
          And we still write checks to "Jesse White, Secretary of State." In how many other states does the person in charge of vehicular licenses have his/her own security detail?
          Just today I wrote the fattest check I write all year (property taxes) to the name of the guy who is the county tax collector.

Comment

In Oklahoma County, Oklahoma taxpayers are instructed to make checks payable to: Forrest "Butch" Freeman, County Treasurer but I just make them out to Oklahoma County Treasurer and haven't had one returned yet.

I also pay taxes in several Kansas and Texas counties, all of which instruct payment to County Treasurer, ________County.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              In Oklahoma County, Oklahoma taxpayers are instructed to make checks payable to: Forrest "Butch" Freeman, County Treasurer but I just make them out to Oklahoma County Treasurer and haven't had one returned yet.

I also pay taxes in several Kansas and Texas counties, all of which instruct payment to County Treasurer, ________County.
              So, even with the price of gas below $2, you are still not standing in a soup line :wink: .
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Not in line yet but checking out locations and serving times. Royalty checks run two to three month behind production months This months checks are showing the first effect of the decline in well head crude prices. Fortunately, the price of natural gas is less affected. We are into the heating season now so I will just hunker down for awhile.

Comment

Meanwhile....Blago got a commutation today...

Comment

Lol
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Progress....

For the first time since Nov 7, 2007, Illinois does NOT have a former governor in prison. @cbschicago

Comment

My daughter lived in Chicago Heights for 10 years. She was summoned for a jury duty in the Federal Building downtown. I gave her a ride and when we arrived, we witnessed a major media circus. Blago was about to be arraigned.
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Meanwhile....Blago is of course apologetic about it all... what a moron..it was an attitude as to why he was convicted and ended up with a long sentence in the first place...hopefully he will just disappear..

A day after his prison sentence was commuted, former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich stood outside his Chicago home Wednesday and portrayed himself as "a freed political prisoner" who'd been unfairly persecuted.

Blagojevich maintained he didn't do anything wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

Comment

Working...
                          X