Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....Blago is of course apologetic about it all... what a moron..it was an attitude as to why he was convicted and ended up with a long sentence in the first place...hopefully he will just disappear..

A day after his prison sentence was commuted, former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich stood outside his Chicago home Wednesday and portrayed himself as "a freed political prisoner" who'd been unfairly persecuted.

Blagojevich maintained he didn't do anything wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    My daughter lived in Chicago Heights for 10 years. She was summoned for a jury duty in the Federal Building downtown. I gave her a ride and when we arrived, we witnessed a major media circus. Blago was about to be arraigned.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Progress....

For the first time since Nov 7, 2007, Illinois does NOT have a former governor in prison. @cbschicago

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....Blago got a commutation today...

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Not in line yet but checking out locations and serving times. Royalty checks run two to three month behind production months This months checks are showing the first effect of the decline in well head crude prices. Fortunately, the price of natural gas is less affected. We are into the heating season now so I will just hunker down for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    In Oklahoma County, Oklahoma taxpayers are instructed to make checks payable to: Forrest "Butch" Freeman, County Treasurer but I just make them out to Oklahoma County Treasurer and haven't had one returned yet.

I also pay taxes in several Kansas and Texas counties, all of which instruct payment to County Treasurer, ________County.
    So, even with the price of gas below $2, you are still not standing in a soup line :wink: .

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    In Oklahoma County, Oklahoma taxpayers are instructed to make checks payable to: Forrest "Butch" Freeman, County Treasurer but I just make them out to Oklahoma County Treasurer and haven't had one returned yet.

I also pay taxes in several Kansas and Texas counties, all of which instruct payment to County Treasurer, ________County.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by tc
    And we still write checks to "Jesse White, Secretary of State." In how many other states does the person in charge of vehicular licenses have his/her own security detail?
    Just today I wrote the fattest check I write all year (property taxes) to the name of the guy who is the county tax collector.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Jackson denies any "pay-for-play".
    What a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Jackson denies any "pay-for-play".

Leave a comment:

• tc
    replied
    And we still write checks to "Jesse White, Secretary of State." In how many other states does the person in charge of vehicular licenses have his/her own security detail? "Pay-to-play" is, has been and probably always will be, our law of the land (Google "lobbyist, Washington DC"). There are several communities in the Chicago area (among them, Cicero and Chicago Heights — once referred to in the LA Times as "the most corrupt town in America" ) where the ranks of sleazy (and indicted) public officials — many with alleged mob ties — make the Blago administration seem almost amateurish by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• ppalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    Clarence Page in today's Chicago Tribune wrote about another great character in Illinois politics, former Secretary of State Paul Powell, who was found dead in his hotel room in 1970 with 750,000 dollars in a shoe box.

By the way, the local tv stations today are implying that candidate 5, who offered half a million is probably Jesse Jackson Jr.
    I remember that when I moved here many years ago, I was surprised at first that one wrote checks for car licenses, drivers licenses, etc. to "Paul Powell, Secretary of State" rather than "Secretary of State" or such like generic term I was used to. I used to wonder why. After he died, we found out.

Pat Palmer

Leave a comment:

• Barto
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Where do these guys think they are, Louisiana?

(heard on the radio that Illinois has had 5 indicted governors)
    Easy there left coaster! We have reformed. Now we only elect Dudley Dorights down here in bayou country.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Clarence Page in today's Chicago Tribune wrote about another great character in Illinois politics, former Secretary of State Paul Powell, who was found dead in his hotel room in 1970 with 750,000 dollars in a shoe box.

By the way, the local tv stations today are implying that candidate 5, who offered half a million is probably Jesse Jackson Jr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X