X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike rage

http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/topstories/316796

The happened here a couple of days ago.

"He was still upset over the original comment about getting a light, so he proceeded to clamp his hands around the victim's head, twisting him to the ground and kneeing him in the ribs," DeSpain said. "The last he saw of the two they were pedaling down South Shore Drive."
    They caught the guy too.
    http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/317175

Madison Police Officer Scott Reitmeier asked Dunlavy why he did not simply ride away following the "get a light" comment, and Dunlavy responded he felt "extremely insulted by the statement and didn't think anyone had a right to tell him he should have a light on his bike."

I love the fact that the victim had such a detailed description of the riders and particularly their bikes!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      I love the fact that the victim had such a detailed description of the riders and particularly their bikes!
      Best thing was they caught the two as their bikes were so high end.

Comment

Another good reason to wear a bike helmet:

"Dunlavy told police the two got into a pushing match and he did grab O'Brien by the head but 'did not believe this would cause pain as the victim was wearing a bicycle helmet.'" :?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
          Another good reason to wear a bike helmet:

"Dunlavy told police the two got into a pushing match and he did grab O'Brien by the head but 'did not believe this would cause pain as the victim was wearing a bicycle helmet.'" :?
          So he kneed him in the ribs just to make sure ? 8-)

Comment

Wisconsin is getting really weird. Must be those long winters. Next, there will be gunracks on pedal bikes..........kool!

Comment

Another bit of weird bike action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1J9EIhCV-k

Comment

This bike talk reminds me that my multi-lingual, athletic granddaughter, educated in Russia, UK and USA, undoubtably the best educated lifeguard in Oklahoma, has moved to Washington, DC to be some kind of CIA spook and has not returned my high dollar road bike that she borrowed for a triathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                  This bike talk reminds me that my multi-lingual, athletic granddaughter, educated in Russia, UK and USA, undoubtably the best educated lifeguard in Oklahoma, has moved to Washington, DC to be some kind of CIA spook and has not returned my high dollar road bike that she borrowed for a triathlon.

Perhaps she's infiltrating the Tour de France.

:]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                    Perhaps she's infiltrating the Tour de France.:]
                    Maybe, but her strongest suit is swimming and I don't think the Tour de France has a swimmng leg.

Comment

Maybe, but her strongest suit is swimming and I don't think the Tour de France has a swimmng leg.

Or maybe she's gone to DC to help out Jack and Renee in reviving CTU.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        Or maybe she's gone to DC to help out Jack and Renee in reviving CTU.
                        That was my first surmise but she fell back on the old "If I tell you, I will have to kill you" excuse.

Comment

I think they do when the first stage is in London.

Comment

Working...
                          X