Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanou Sues Rogge and IOC for Olympic Ban

Of course she does. :roll:

Turn it in for gods sake. Some people have no shame at all.

http://www.hellenicathletes.com/news.php?news_id=506

I actually think she'll win TBH, but I'm quite sure that Rogge et al felt a pay off in court was better than than the bad PR that would come with her appearance at Olympics.

As for Thanou the person? Vile.

Comment

Oh just GO AWAY you DREADFUL woman

When is she going to finally retire?

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
        Oh just GO AWAY you DREADFUL woman

When is she going to finally retire?
        One would hope that seeing as her off-track antics clearly hadn't been enough to put her off, her poor showings on it this year will be enough. Here's hoping...

Comment

i'm continually 'amazed' that these "greek" doping topics elicit the same completely predictable response from limeys

i'm a limey, & i feel ashamed that whenever anysuch is posted ( usually by "limey best friend" - the nordic rss feed ), we get the usual suspects of limeys puking up enough bile to digest the collected xmas turkey of a latin regnate

fellow limeys :

do you see the americans here on their board plow in immediately on hellenic/balkan/slavo-teutonic doping convictions ?

maybe they are smarter than us ?

( top end, they are - better fed/better trained - i learnt that 25y ago )

pull socks up my fellow limeys & stop us looking idiots by being 1st/2nd to post on every dope story that draws breathe...

Comment

Get of the Sanatogen grandad!!!

Comment

Eldrick - I'm not sure what half of your post was even about, but people are entitled to their opinion. If you feel 'ashamed' by the fact that people post an opinion on a forum designed to ignite discussion, I would suggest it says more about you than any other poster

And IIRC, it's not just Greeks that get hammered about drug taking - it's drug cheats full stop.

Regardless, this thread isn't about the drugs, but about her suing an organisation that had told her she could not compete in THEIR Games - and the embarrassment this will bring to the sport

Comment

what's wrong with what i said ?

all i'm saying that as night follows days, as soon as a thanou story comes up, you will have 1st response from a limey vilifying her followed by their gaggle adding the same comments, which is a surprise as none of them have ever met her !

she certainly doesn't appear vile to me - does she have a big, pointy nose, warts all over her face & wear a black pointy hat & ride a broomstick ?

what i can't understand is why do we not see this concerted action from other nationalities here

the american & carib posters have helluva lot more reason to be aggrieved by her exploits than limeys, but they keep comments judicious - let's face it, limey women sprinting ( 100/200 ) has been shit for 25y with barely a whiff of a global finalist, so thanou didn't deny them a final place as they were never close to one !

however americans/carib gals have almost certainly been denied places in finals/lost medals because of her

if anyone has right to hate her, it's them, but they seem to be more civilised in these matters

as for her suing the ioc, the article says she is suing them for threatening behaviour in a locked room - apparently tantamount to assault in hellenic law - if these were known gangsters & not ioc members, i doubt you'd have had any qualms about her taking ths action, but because they are ioc, they are granted immunity from rule of criminal/civil law of the country they are in ?!

Comment

Eldy,

Again - if they're found guilty (wherever they are from), punish them - but seems a bit strange that she's bringing it up now she hasn't got what she wanted, rather than at the time

As for why the American/carib gals aren't kicking off - clearly, they have more class than their Hellenic counterparts! Doesn't mean it can't be commented on. If they were kicking off, they'd get people like you calling them bad losers

Case in point - Kelly Sotherton and her 2007 comments against Blonska - she was protesting on behalf of Jess Ennis, yet gets ripped apart by people for her stand, instead of getting the recognition for taking a stand against a (now proven) two-time drug cheat. Sometimes, science has to play catch up to the human mind; this is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                    what's wrong with what i said ?

all i'm saying that as night follows days, as soon as a thanou story comes up, you will have 1st response from a limey vilifying her followed by their gaggle adding the same comments, which is a surprise as none of them have ever met her !
                    You should know better than to say that about me Eldy. If I've met Martine Hellman, Barbel Wockel, Raelene Boyle, Colette Besson, Iolanda Balas and Dorothy Tyler then I've sure as hell met bloody Ekaterina Thanou.

As for why us British posters have a particular dislike of her it's because of all countries we seem to have the biggeste problem with drug cheats in general. I'm a fan of 'athletics' as a whole it has nothing to do with which countries athletes she may have denied medals. It's hardly liklely that the Americans are going to complain anyway as most of them were on the same stuff.

It's because I love this sport that i take great offense at anyone who continuously drags it through the mud as she has for years. You don't see us complaining about the classy Kelli White do you???

Comment

I think a certain Marion Jones has been vilified here far more than Thanou.

It seems that some people who will resort to cheating in sports have some similiar characteristics- among them the abilty to lie quite unashamedly about just about everything, problems with the law and the reluctance to just fade into the woodwork after they have been caught. They seem to have no shame. (Marion's shame was because she had been caught with irefutable evidence and then she still continued to lie!)

I put both Jones and Thanou in the same category. If they won't go away then they can expect to be subjected to the wrath of the fans of the sport they damaged.
                      I for one am quite willing to forgive athletes who admit to their cheating, recognize the shame they have brought to themselves and their supporters and then try and give back to their community in a meaningful way. (sadly there don't seem to be many like that).

But if they won't admit what is obvious and continue to seek out the limelight then yeah I am going to continue to jump on them.

I happen to know someone on Thanou's medical team very well. He tells me how charming she can be(and he knows how much she has deceived people as well) . I have no doubt that is true. I have no doubt Jones is a good mother as well.

Away from the sport I actually wish them well. Come near the sport again without first coming completely clean and yep I say BOO. :evil:

If all this makes me an honourary limey then bonus for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                        You should know better than to say that about me Eldy. If I've met Martine Hellman, Barbel Wockel, Raelene Boyle, Colette Besson, Iolanda Balas and Dorothy Tyler then I've sure as hell met bloody Ekaterina Thanou
                        i've got the autographs of most of top golfers in the world from attending various british opens, mostly from '90s & occasionally even managed a brief chat with some, but i know absolutely nothing about their character - i got signature & had few words with seve ballesteros once & he seemed like a nice guy - guys who knew him though, said he was a complete bastard

besides, seeing as thanou hardly ever appeared on the circuit & from accounts speaks little english, i am extremely doubtful as to when or if you did meet here what you gleaned

As for why us British posters have a particular dislike of her it's because of all countries we seem to have the biggeste problem with drug cheats in general.
                        i assume that was a freudian slip, otherwise it indicates a psychological flaw with most of them

It's hardly liklely that the Americans are going to complain anyway as most of them were on the same stuff.
                        watch your mouth

remember where you are

besides, you don't see carib fans complaining & she has likely cost them plenty

Comment

Eldy,

Stop moving the goal posts. Your first post stated that "none of them have met her" - Flumpy said he had, so then you question "what he gleaned" instead

You asked why it was only the British ("limeys" - a new one on me, btw!). Mojo is Canadian - so you brush over that point

Flumpy said the British have a big problem with drug cheats - clearly, he meant as in there is a big dislike - of all drug cheats - not that there were lots of British drug cheats. The fact that you have the audacity to then suggest he is implying drug cheating ("watch your mouth...") is a joke. Clearly, many Americans have been caught on PEDs - substantially more than the Brits. Marion Jones was not exactly about to start complaining about Thanou in Sydney knowing she was up to her eyeballs herself, was she?

When that point was made, you then ask why there are no "Carib fans complaining" - make your mind up. In answer to that question, without being 'Carib' or having the exact quotes to hand, I do believe they were complaining about Americans instead - perhaps because they (esp. Jones) cost them more than Thanou

Apologies for not picking up your quotes the 'proper' way - I still have to work out multiple quoting in a post...!

Comment

when someone meets someone in order to know them, it involves more than getting an autograph & perhaps a picture taken with them, as flumpy's contacts seem to consist of

hell, i've got autographs of els, mickelson, monty, seve, langer,etc & managed a brief word with some of them ( & these are all multimillionaires ), but it doesn't mean "i know them" in any significant way

besides, i'd need more proof that he met thanou than just his word, seeing as she hardly competed on the circuit & notoriously kept to herself on odd occasions she competed in waf finals, euro cups, etc

mojo aligns herself strongly with brits - you don't see another canucks like jrm, cman, rasb, etc, piling in - she is an exception

the drug cheat aspect seems to elude you - some american women have been caught doping, but no high-profile one who's exploits extended past '04 & that primarily was due to an undetectable steroid being available to them - that's 4y without a notable new doper & they are now proudly represented by likes of lauryn, felix, sanya, lolo

as for british not liking cheats, i find it ludicrous that they feel they are the ones who feel that they personally are being slighted & for some nonsensical recherche reason, drug cheating means more to them than anyone else ?!

as for marion not complaining about thanou in sydney, it's because you don't need to bother to complain about someone who you've beaten like a drum previously & expect to do 100% again unless thanou miraculously coud run 10.60 & no drug in the world was going to get her that fast

as for carib fans, i read the posts here at the time, they didn't make much bilious complaint about marion, just expressing relief she was gone - only 1 went overboard & he's been long banned, now propping up the idiot corner at dyestat

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                              when someone meets someone in order to know them, it involves more than getting an autograph & perhaps a picture taken with them, as flumpy's contacts seem to consist of

hell, i've got autographs of els, mickelson, monty, seve, langer,etc & managed a brief word with some of them ( & these are all multimillionaires ), but it doesn't mean "i know them" in any significant way

besides, i'd need more proof that he met thanou than just his word, seeing as she hardly competed on the circuit & notoriously kept to herself on odd occasions she competed in waf finals, euro cups, etc

mojo aligns herself strongly with brits - you don't see another canucks like jrm, cman, rasb, etc, piling in - she is an exception

the drug cheat aspect seems to elude you - some american women have been caught doping, but no high-profile one who's exploits extended past '04 & that primarily was due to an undetectable steroid being available to them - that's 4y without a notable new doper & they are now proudly represented by likes of lauryn, felix, sanya, lolo

as for british not liking cheats, i find it ludicrous that they feel they are the ones who feel that they personally are being slighted & for some nonsensical recherche reason, drug cheating means more to them than anyone else ?!

as for marion not complaining about thanou in sydney, it's because you don't need to bother to complain about someone who you've beaten like a drum previously & expect to do 100% again unless thanou miraculously coud run 10.60 & no drug in the world was going to get her that fast

as for carib fans, i read the posts here at the time, they didn't make much bilious complaint about marion, just expressing relief she was gone - only 1 went overboard & he's been long banned, now propping up the idiot corner at dyestat
                              pathetic as usual

for the record i also met thanou, (your first accusation was that none of us had 'met' her subseqently changed to 'know' when it became convenient) munich europeans 02 just after she cheated Kim out of a gold medal.

i have photographic proof if you need it eldy and what did i glean form the experience

dreadful acne was the overiding memory
                              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                              X