Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who else is the weather keeping from home at Xmas?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who else is the weather keeping from home at Xmas?

two of three T&FN editorial staffers will be stuck far from family.

I knew I was in trouble Sunday when I looked up at one of the TVs in the Sports Lounge and said, "ahh, that must be Buffalo-Denver," but then a few minutes later saw Buffalo-Denver playing in bright sunshine (albeit obviously cold). The snow game was SEATTLE?!

I am about 2 hours away from Seattle and planning to try to drive home tonight. I am mainly worried about the streets in Olympia (we still need to Christmas shop) and the roads from I-5 to my parents' house. Seattle refuses to use salt and all of the roads are a mess. We might have to chain up since they live on a hill :roll:

I wouldn't care, but it stopped snowing several days ago, so the fact that the surface streets in the city are nowhere near clear is annoying.

Comment

This weather here sure is preventing me from traveling to any winter climes. Oh well, it'll have to be Christmas brunch on the terrace of the St. Regis's beachfront restaurant.

Comment

My sister drove Louisville to Chicago today, icy in central Indiana. A friend flying Colorado Springs to Rochester, via O'Hare, is spending the night at O'Hare (or a hotel), flight out of Colorado took off 4 hrs late due to conditions at O'Hare.

Comment

Dang, I just checked the local weather for the week and it looks like we're in for a cold snap at the end of the week!

Wednesday - 76° F
          Thursday - 76° F
          Friday - 76° F
          Saturday - 76° F
          Sunday - 72° F

Comment

No Norman Rockwell Christmas here either. Does anyone have one anyhow?

Comment

I heard this morning that 500 flights were cancelled at O'Hare yesterday, so I imagine quite a few people will be having trouble getting home for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                Dang, I just checked the local weather for the week and it looks like we're in for a cold snap at the end of the week!

Wednesday - 76° F
                Thursday - 76° F
                Friday - 76° F
                Saturday - 76° F
                Sunday - 72° F
                Is minus 76 a record for your neckof the woods?

Comment

High of 72 and sunny today in Austin. I may have to break out some cargo shorts.

Comment

Currently 51 by the Bay and i'll def. be putting on cargo shorts (not sure I own any long pants anymore).

Comment

Working...
                    X