Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colleges lower SAT bar for jocks

(yeah, I know, surprise, surprise; some of the disparities here are pretty stunning though) (go Gators)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... ab_newstab

The biggest gap between football players and students as a whole occurred at the University of Florida, where players scored 346 points lower than the school’s overall student body. That’s larger than the difference in scores between typical students at the University of Georgia and Harvard University.
    I ain't got no problem with that! I've been begging Stanford to do the same for decades! Seriously!! Go Gators, indeed!!!!

Comment

At Duke, they have lowerd the bar somewhat.. the new jock standard, as I understand it , is an honest evaluation that at a minimum, the entering athlete is smart enough to do the academic work well enough to graduate. That's still well above the NCAA minimum, but also quite a bit lower than the " normal" cut line for non-athlete applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        At Duke, they have lowerd the bar somewhat.. the new jock standard, as I understand it , is an honest evaluation that at a minimum, the entering athlete is smart enough to do the academic work well enough to graduate. That's still well above the NCAA minimum, but also quite a bit lower than the " normal" cut line for non-athlete applicants.
        Maybe the article in BDW helped, Steve. Hope it did.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
          Originally posted by dukehjsteve
          Maybe the article in BDW helped, Steve. Hope it did.
          You da man, bambam. Good work.

Comment

Working...
          X