Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end of Year Geography Quiz, Question 29:

29. Where was the onetime overseas possession of Nazi Germany called New Swabia located?

Reminder: if you get a question right, you're not allowed to play the next game

Comment

Anarctica :twisted:
      Tom Hyland:
      "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

!

I'll apply cold, hard logic. Swabia is like the US south, both geographically and with its 'funny' dialect/accent. It's also home of the Black Forest .

so we're looking for a mostly poor, rural, funny-speaking, heavily wooded kinda place, that the Nazis occupied. . . . Poland!!!

I'm playin' pavvka! :-)

Comment

Neuschwabenland

Comment

This place is a constant source of information. No kidding, never heard this before 8-) .
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

29. Antarctica. Nazi Germany claimed it between 1939 and 1945, although no other country recognized the claim. A few people believe that at the end of World War II Adolf Hitler faked his suicide, made his way to Argentina and then continued on to a secret SS base under the ice in New Swabia, where he resumed his career as a painter. According to this theory, the real purpose of a major military operation led by Rear Adm. Richard Byrd during 1946-47 was to wipe out the Nazi base, capture prototypes of mercury-powered flying saucers and, presumably, share a Whopper with Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                No kidding, never heard this before 8-) .
                pego

you shoud know the place - your ancestral kings, the forebearers of Franz Joseph came from there !!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  at the end of World War II Adolf Hitler faked his suicide, made his way to Argentina and then continued on to a secret SS base under the ice in New Swabia, where he resumed his career as a painter. According to this theory, the real purpose of a major military operation led by Rear Adm. Richard Byrd during 1946-47 was to wipe out the Nazi base, capture prototypes of mercury-powered flying saucers and, presumably, share a Whopper with Elvis.
                  The movie is coming out next summer. I have a bit part as the Burger King counter person that takes Elvis's order. My only lines:

"So have I got this straight? Three burger patties, three slices of cheese, six strips of bacon, two tomato slices, onions, half a tomato, chili and fried okra and bananas with peanut butter, plus 2 large fries and a 64oz. Root Beer? Careful! It'll be the death of you!"

Comment

This question reminded me of one that I think may have been on our Board somewhere before:

What city in the Southern Hemisphere would make you most think that you're in Germany? This is not language related as it was told to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      This question reminded me of one that I think may have been on our Board somewhere before:

What city in the Southern Hemisphere would make you most think that you're in Germany? This is not language related as it was told to me.
                      My quick response would be Cape Town or something nearby in southern South Africa.
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Somewhere in Argentina. Buenos Aires ? (sp?)

Comment

i'll go with somewhere in brazil ( maybe brasilia ? ) simply because giselle bundchen is brazilian & of german descent

Comment

Brazil-TV show Globe Treker did a segment. Not Brasilia or Rio. I DK the city
                            Tom Hyland:
                            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

despite The Boys Of, it's not Brazil, home of Uberlandia

Comment

Working...
                              X