Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not seen most of those on that list, apart from South Park, although quite a few of them are shown on Brit TV. I love the fact that Top Gear is on that list as it's great entertainment, despite Jeremy Clarkson being unfailingly rude about American cars! (But funny with it, although he loves the Mustang).

My Name is Earl is great to watch. Occasionally I'll watch Brothers & Sisters, but my particular favourite US programme at the moment is Reaper. Light, but good fun.

Comment

Fringe is like a newer/odder version of the X-Files with more weirdness and a lower quality of writing, but good nonetheless.

Comment

Now we've moved on to a test sampling of Weeds: omigod what a (foul-mouthed) riot!

Comment

Am i the only one who has NCIS on their can't-miss list?(mine is very short). Great mix of humor and action. And the politically incorrect dialogue is refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
            Am i the only one who has NCIS on their can't-miss list?(mine is very short). Great mix of humor and action. And the politically incorrect dialogue is refreshing.
            Must see for me.
            Tom Hyland:
            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              OK, tried Dexter yesterday, ended up sitting through three episodes. What a great (sick) bit of work.

It's top-notch as far as acting and interpersonal sub-plot weaving, but I have a lot of trouble glorifying a serial killer, even marginally.

I feel the same about movies that make "heroes" out of Mafioso-type gangsters and pirates.

Just me.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                I highly recommend True Blood on HBO; I got addicted to it on Sunday evenings.
                Ditto!

Comment

A good new show that started tonight is Confessions of a Teen Idol on VH1. You might give it a try even if you normally dislike reality shows.

The cast is a bunch of washed up teen idols. One, Jamie Walters (Ray Pruit on 90210), shaved his head and now bears an uncanny resemblance to Wariner. (And I think his girlfriend looks like A. Felix.)

The theme is fame, its loss and pursuit. A lot of athletes here can relate.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                    Originally posted by gh
                    OK, tried Dexter yesterday, ended up sitting through three episodes. What a great (sick) bit of work.
                    We watched the first two episodes the other night - I am not yet convinced./quote]

WHAT!?! Thats like saying i kinda like bringing back the mile to high school track...but im not convinced. :lol:
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                      Originally posted by gh

It's top-notch as far as acting and interpersonal sub-plot weaving, but I have a lot of trouble glorifying a serial killer, even marginally.

I feel the same about movies that make "heroes" out of Mafioso-type gangsters and pirates.

Just me.
                      Not just you.
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                        Originally posted by Brian
                        Originally posted by gh

Just me.
                        Not just you.
                        Just to be fair to Dexter, for those who havent seen him,he is not your typical serial killer. He's more of a serial avenger, killing only those who meet the "code". In the first show his first victim is a guy who likes to rape and burying little boys for instance.
                        phsstt!

Comment

I have difficulty sympathizing with Mafioso bad guy heros. Maybe it is my savage ancestry but I love righteous vigilante shows.

Comment

The TV season will not even start until "24" comes back in a week or so.

Comment

There aren't 25 best (current) television shows. The current list is much shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                                Maybe it is my savage ancestry but I love righteous vigilante shows.
                                I'm guessing your use of 'savage' was advisedly ironic, cuz we ALL share that "you mess with me and mine, and I'll exterminate your DNA from the face of the Earth" mentality! :wink: Comeuppances, even overtly vicious ones, scratch a collective-unconscious itch (with the exception of this last Rambo movie, which was waaaay too over the line!)

Comment

Working...
                                X