Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BCS Natl Champ Game - Florida vs. Oklahoma

It's still a week away, but I'm already starting to salivate. The current line is Fla by 3, but even in the local Gator-Crazy paper, there's lots of respect for the Sooners' offense (not so much for the D).

But I found this interesting - Bradford's Heisman win will definitely work against him. The Gator D is using it as double bulletin board fodder. They want to get to him early and hard to prove how good they are a Defense, but also to make Tebow look like the better QB.

I still wish Texas were there, but this should be a great donnybrook too.

I refuse to wax ecstatic about any BCS "title" game until they get to a meaningful playoff system.

Suspect I won't even watch it.

Comment

I think the hype regarding Florida could be a negative as far as their approach to the game - much as it was for Ohio State two years ago. Overconfidence is a serious concern, not to mention the motivation factor for Oklahoma as somewhat overlooked and generally disrespected. The great equalizer of course is the men wearing the headsets, and that's a huge handicap for Oklahoma.

Gators by 10.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Re: The BCS Natl Champ Game - Florida vs. Oklahoma

Originally posted by Marlow
        I know! A Texas vs. Oklahoma rematch would be worlds better and more interesting. We finally agree on something.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
          A Texas vs. Oklahoma rematch would be worlds better.....

I'll have what he's having......

Comment

Originally posted by gm
            I know! A Texas vs. Oklahoma rematch would be worlds better and more interesting. We finally agree on something.
            Nice try . . . been there, done that, with all the chips on the table. Texas by 10 (all your fingers and toes!). UF lost when they thought they had a bye week. Won't be the case for this game. There will be zero overconfidence. The Gators are OK-O believers. If the Sooners think they have the better QB and will win because of that, boy are they in for a long evening!

Comment

I'll bet my pension versus yours, Marlow, that Oklahoma will win.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                Will someone call this guy a cab please.... :P

Comment

Shhhh, guru, I'm trying to win big! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Yikes, Uncle Sam has already given me almost $Half-Million and stand to make another $Million if I can stay alive to my seven and seventy. Can't do it.

I will, however, bet you a Silver Dollar (year, mint-mark and condition of our choice)!

Comment

So... you're saying that my $955 vs. your half-million bucks isn't fair?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                        So... you're saying that my $955 vs. your half-million bucks isn't fair?
                        Doh!! OK, you guilted me into giving you 3-1 odds straight-up. . . .or 7 pts!! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                          The great equalizer of course is the men wearing the headsets, and that's a huge handicap for Oklahoma.

Gators by 10.
                          Bob Stoops (00' national champ, six time Big 12 champ) or Kevin Wilson (Broyles Award Winner for the best assistant coach in the country)? Are you kidding??
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                            Nice try . . . been there, done that, with all the chips on the table. Texas by 10 (all your fingers and toes!). UF lost when they thought they had a bye week. Won't be the case for this game. There will be zero overconfidence. The Gators are OK-O believers. If the Sooners think they have the better QB and will win because of that, boy are they in for a long evening!
                            Every interview I have read from Fla's defensive coordinator and players is cockiness to the nth degree. "They can't do that to us!" "We play defense here." "Our QB is better than yours", etc.... By contrast, I love how humble the OU staff and players have been. They always give Fla their props. It seems that Florida is thriving on the smash-mouth talk at present, which is a an actual quote from a defensive lineman who said, "we're going to hit them in the mouth and see how they take it."
                            If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                              Bob Stoops (00' national champ, six time Big 12 champ) or Kevin Wilson (Broyles Award Winner for the best assistant coach in the country)? Are you kidding??

Chris Peterson ran rings around the Sooner staff in the '07 Fiesta Bowl. They looked like a Pop Warner staff as the Broncos pulled every trick play out of the book, and all of them worked. Stoops looked like a deer in the headlights after that Statue of Liberty.

On second thought, Gators by 14.

Comment

Working...
                              X