• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by dj
    Originally posted by gh
    so it does rhyme w/ my recollection of "malm"
    I've heard it rhyming with Mom.
    in my universe, malm and mom sound essentially the same.
    in your universe, doesn't mom sound like mum?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729
      Originally posted by gh
      46. Italy surrounds both Vatican City and San Marino.

Rome also has one of those little "fake nations" in it too, but the exact name escapes me. I remember as the '87 Worlds Frank Zarnowski went down and visited their country, got some stamps (unusable anywhere of course) or the like. Royal Order of Malm, or something like that, is the "sound" that jumps into my head. Anybody else know of it?
      Royal Order of Malta. Zeke and I have discussed it too. I think he is like a potentate of the nation.
      Speaking of which, how do you become a potentate? Is there an exam you have to pass or something? Anybody ever know a real potentate?

Comment

To answer maggot's questions about Vatican City: Yes, Vatican City has passports and does issue them to its citizens. I imagine there are probably less than 1,000 of these passports and most or all of them go to people who work in the church, including the Pope. I've been to Vatican City, but never had my passport stamped there.

Comment

These days, as a result of the Schengen Agreement, you don't get your passport stamped at any border within most of Western Europe (and some of Eastern Europe as well). Because of Schengen, I don't believe there is any country that borders on Italy that stops you when you drive or walk across that border from Italy. The Vatican is not a party to the Schengen Agreement but has an open border with Italy.

Comment

Working...
          X