Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    These days, as a result of the Schengen Agreement, you don't get your passport stamped at any border within most of Western Europe (and some of Eastern Europe as well). Because of Schengen, I don't believe there is any country that borders on Italy that stops you when you drive or walk across that border from Italy. The Vatican is not a party to the Schengen Agreement but has an open border with Italy.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied
    To answer maggot's questions about Vatican City: Yes, Vatican City has passports and does issue them to its citizens. I imagine there are probably less than 1,000 of these passports and most or all of them go to people who work in the church, including the Pope. I've been to Vatican City, but never had my passport stamped there.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729
    Originally posted by gh
    46. Italy surrounds both Vatican City and San Marino.

Rome also has one of those little "fake nations" in it too, but the exact name escapes me. I remember as the '87 Worlds Frank Zarnowski went down and visited their country, got some stamps (unusable anywhere of course) or the like. Royal Order of Malm, or something like that, is the "sound" that jumps into my head. Anybody else know of it?
    Royal Order of Malta. Zeke and I have discussed it too. I think he is like a potentate of the nation.
    Speaking of which, how do you become a potentate? Is there an exam you have to pass or something? Anybody ever know a real potentate?

Leave a comment:

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by dj
    Originally posted by gh
    so it does rhyme w/ my recollection of "malm"
    I've heard it rhyming with Mom.
    in my universe, malm and mom sound essentially the same.
    in your universe, doesn't mom sound like mum?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by dj
    Originally posted by gh
    in my universe, malm and mom sound essentially the same.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wineturtle
    San Marino and Vatican City
    spelling edit
    Since Vatican city is a country, does it have any citizens? In other words, does anyone have a Vatican City passport? How about the pope?

Leave a comment:

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Royal Order of Malta. Zeke and I have discussed it too. I think he is like a potentate of the nation.
    Really? I thought he was just a decathlon guy.
    The "country" is SMOM. Not certain what the acronym is, perhaps Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Whatever it is, it has to do with Malta.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Really? I thought he was just a decathlon guy.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Rome also has one of those little "fake nations" in it too, but the exact name escapes me. I remember as the '87 Worlds Frank Zarnowski went down and visited their country, got some stamps (unusable anywhere of course) or the like. Royal Order of Malm, or something like that, is the "sound" that jumps into my head. Anybody else know of it?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    Swaziland borders Mozambique.
    Yes, it does. My mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied
    Swaziland borders Mozambique.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    South Africa surrounds Lesotho and Swaziland.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X