• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC vs. Florida

from a point of view of one who has played at both schools:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/u ... umn?page=1

Some thoughts.

a. Demps is not the fastest player ever. He does have the best 100m time, but I think we all know that Bob Hayes is the fastest who ever played.
    b. Demps is not even the fastest player at UF. When you put on the helmet, pads and cleats, Harvin is faster and James and Rainey are just as fast.
    c. Moody has an agenda when he says UF would beat SC. He felt disrespected at SC. The irony is that he's not a starter at UF, but his loyalty to his NEW team is evident.
    d. Team speed does not ALWAYS win the game. There has to be good schemes in place. Carroll is the master of that.
    e. Utah, Texas and SC have as much right to claim they're #1 right now, as UF and OK. Unless there's a blowout in Thursday's game, there will be a renewed hue and cry about the BCS's inability to resolve the D1 problem. As I see it, the only benefit to the BCS formula is that if and when there is an 8-team playoff, the formula has a high degree of probabilty of getting the right teams in the mix. There will still be gripes about the #5-8 teams, but oh well, this is as close as D1 would ever get to crowning a true NatChamp.

Comment

I submit that even with a four-team playoff, you'd rarely, if ever, leave out the best team.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
        I submit that even with a four-team playoff, you'd rarely, if ever, leave out the best team.
        Except it may have this year:
        5. USC
        6. Utah

Comment

. Demps is not the fastest player ever. He does have the best 100m time, but I think we all know that Bob Hayes is the fastest who ever played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Rocket Ismail was faster than Demps and Hayes with a football under his arm. Fastest player I've ever seen in a football situation on a football field. Could cut at full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
            Rocket Ismail was faster than . . . .Hayes with a football under his arm.
            D'oh! You just squandered all your football credibility there! Ismail was indeed probably quicker (2-step acceleraion/maneuverability than Bullet - but there's NO way he was faster - flat-out. Tell them both to go long from their own 10-yard line and see who gets to the other end-zone first.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Rocket Ismail was faster than . . . .Hayes with a football under his arm.
              D'oh! You just squandered all your football credibility there! Ismail was indeed probably quicker (2-step acceleraion/maneuverability than Bullet - but there's NO way he was faster - flat-out. Tell them both to go long from their own 10-yard line and see who gets to the other end-zone first.
              You missed the point. Did I not say..."football situation"..? Obviously Bullet Bob Hayes smokes Rocket Ismail in a 40.50.60. whatever. I'm talking about football not a foot race...ok? Ismail was faster in and out of cuts, he got up to speed faster and was by far the better runner after the catch.

Trust me on this one..ok? Yes I saw the Bullet play many times, even saw him play in college. He wasn't all that 'until" he got behind somebody. While Ismail was more elusive and quicker.

Comment

Fastest player I've ever seen in a football situation on a football field. Could cut at full speed.

Barry Sanders
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                  Fastest player I've ever seen in a football situation on a football field. Could cut at full speed.

Barry Sanders
                  Sanders had incredible agility and elusiveness. He however didn't possess blinding speed, Ismail did to go along with agility/elusiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by guru

Barry Sanders
                    Sanders had incredible agility and elusiveness. He however didn't possess blinding speed, Ismail did to go along with agility/elusiveness.
                    With that criteria you have to consider Deion in this discussion, and even Bo.

Comment

...and Darrell Green could run like the wind with full pads on.

Comment

SEC 2-0 against the Big 12. Even on a down year for the SEC.

Comment

Working...
                        X