Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

l.a. times article on florida gators football and demps?????

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l.a. times article on florida gators football and demps?????

the los angeles times did an article (today january 6th 2009) on the florida gators football teams speed with jeff demps. it starts on the front page of the sports section and continues on page 6, where demps is brought up it says, as a senior last year at south lake (fla) high, demps ran the fifth-fastest high school 100 meters in U.S. history, i thought he was the high school record holder and as co- world junior 100 meter record holder, i was shocked to learn demps is not the high school record. my question is who are the 4 high schoolers who ran 100 meters faster than demps ?????? thankyou

According to the records page on this site, Demps is indeed the HS record holder at 10.01.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Times
      As a senior last year at South Lake (Fla.) High, Demps ran the fifth-fastest high school 100 meters in U.S. history, and followed up with a 10.01-second time at the Olympic track and field trials.
      Bad writing/fact checking. Demps' three fastest races are currently first, third and eighth all-time.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-duf ... 016.column

Comment

The paper may have consulted someone at National High School Federation or something, and got their "must be run in high school only" list.

Comment

I think he already graduated by the time the US trials occurred so he technically wasn't a high school student then.

Comment

Working...
          X