Coe Stops Obama's Win Streak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coe Stops Obama's Win Streak

See story on front page, in which a new analysis rates Coe as the No.1 force to be reckoned with world wide in the Olympic arena in the next 12 months.

when the Olympics will return to Europe after an eight year hiatus following Athens' stint as the hosts in 2004
    if 8y is a "hiatus", what on earth woud they call the usual 12y gaps?

the 9 circles of hell ???

Coe has impressed impartial observers with his diligent and skilful handling of... the inevitable financial concerns that have arisen in the wake of the global economic downturn
    utter crap!

every few weeks the tv mentions the budget requirements have gone up another $ few 10s million

someone is going to have to eventually carry the can for this disaster

The full top 25 is as follows:

1. Sebastian Coe

2. Barack Obama

3. Jacques Rogge...
    the phrase "mickey mouse" comes immediately to mind

obama is supposedly 2nd & he probably doesn't even know where the '12 games are being held !

"are we holding it ?"

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
      obama is supposedly 2nd & he probably doesn't even know where the '12 games are being held !
      He doesn't need to know. (And anyway, I think he has a few other things on his mind right now.)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        He doesn't need to know
        i beg to differ

that woud be like being 2nd most powerful man in military & never ever having handled a gun

Comment

He is well-aware of one potential location for 2016 (he is from Chicago, remember), and I would bet he knows about 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
            He doesn't need to know
            i beg to differ

that woud be like being 2nd most powerful man in military & never ever having handled a gun
            The Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the USA is the President of the USA. I don't think the President needs to be someone who has handled a gun.

Comment

How many presidents in the last 100 years ever "fired a gun in anger"? A lot fewer than didn't. (if you want to exclude guns on planes and boats, maybe none?) (few dogfaces get to be president)

(last PM would be Winnie in the Boer War?) (no wait, he was a journo in that one)

Comment

The Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the USA is the President of the USA. I don't think the President needs to be someone who has handled a gun.
                that is a desk jockey

in britain an 82y ole grandma with a colostomy is head of the armed forces

we are talking

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  How many presidents in the last 100 years ever "fired a gun in anger"? A lot fewer than didn't. (if you want to exclude guns on planes and boats, maybe none?) (few dogfaces get to be president)
                  I'm not sure how you define firing a gun in anger. Truman was a battery commander in an artillary regiment in WW I. When you order a soldier to fire a piece of artillary, does that count?

(My first thought on this was Eisenhower, but Wiki says he never saw combat in WW I and by the time WW II started, he was already a general.)

Comment

I would call an artillery piece the same as a boat (JFK) or plane (Bush I).

Comment

I think we can add Gerald Ford and Teddy Roosevelt to those already mentioned.

Comment

How about Ford? Harrison Ford??

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                          I think we can add Gerald Ford and Teddy Roosevelt to those already mentioned.
                          I was thinking Roosevelt was outside my 100-year limitation, but he sneaks in by 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                          X