Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you got out early and are counting your blessings? Count again.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1236815 ... lenews_wsj

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-c ... 1744.story
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Am I the only one who figures Madoff won't spend long in the slam... because he won't spend long anywhere? His giving himself up, I thought from the get-go, indicated that his doctor probably gave him some very bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Am I the only one who figures Madoff won't spend long in the slam... because he won't spend long anywhere? His giving himself up, I thought from the get-go, indicated that his doctor probably gave him some very bad news.
        If that were the case why not fight, and appeal if(when) you lose? You would probably die before all the appeals were exhausted.

No, I suspect there has been a deal worked behind closed doors. My prediction? Eligible for parole in 10-15.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          News that can keep you out of jail has got to be worth alot of money to a millionaire.
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I am just hoping, they'll go after the entire family and confiscate everything.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              No, I suspect there has been a deal worked behind closed doors. My prediction? Eligible for parole in 10-15.
              I very much doubt that.

Comment

Also, Madoff wont exactly be going to Attica. He very well may be living with a higher quality of life than a number of his victims will be able to.

One notable white-collar federal destination -

Comment

I' expect that he'll eventually be sent to a minimum security place where many of his fellow inmates will be white-collar criminals. Meanwhile, however, he's in a small cell in a Manhattan jail. Not a country club by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    I agree, the wife syphoning off money makes her an accomplice in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                      They may be going after groups and individuals that were defrauded by Madoff...interesting twist.

"Look out victims, the government wants its share now"

cman

Comment

Mrs. M getting some lovin' from the Feds too

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 002&sc=922

Comment

Toys starting to disappear: http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/01/news/co ... /index.htm

Comment

Working...
                          X