Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely! I no longer watch Previews in movie theaters either; my retention level is too high I guess. I find little to surprise me in many things that I've seen the trailer for. Indeed, if I DVR two successive shows on the same channel (like House, then 24), I have to make a point of watching House first, because the last scene ends up at the start of 24, and that often gives away the whole premise of House!

Comment

• You are a funny, funny, mesquite rib grilling man!

If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf
        I quit fussing over details of how characters can climb out of a grave or emerge from the Potomoc be clean and dry in the next moment. Right now, the writers have concocted a real sticky wicket.
        I do think they strained credulity that a scuba force could invade the White House through some sort of large diameter sewer/water pipes leading directly to the Potomac. Aside from the assumption that OSHA must not have jurisdiction in DC, when you break through from below into a cellar that is below the water level of the Potomac, that cellar is going to be instantly flooded .
        The sneak-into-the-White-House-from-below gimmick was of course already used in Murder At 1600; I fully expected them to run into Wesley Snipes at any moment.

Comment

• Wow, just when I was starting to get a bit bored, tonight's episode really turned things up a notch. I thought that first scene in the White House was exceptionally well done, and the rest of the hour was pretty good, too.

Comment

• Hated to lose Bill...maybe he can be reincarnated a la Tony but it don't look good.. .

I am going to be in DC next month. If Jack doesn't beat me to it, I am going to personally kick Larry Moss's ass.. :x
            BTW, anybody got Renee's number? 8-)

Comment

Hated to lose Bill...maybe he can be reincarnated a la Tony but it don't look good.. .

Well...in all the commotion we never really saw any trained medical person examine him and comment he was truly dead, now did we? I don't remember Jack touching him, plus the old laying on the stomach so you can't clearly see him shallowly breathing bit...

Isn't conspiracy-thinking fun?

Actually, I wondered if this was the season Big Bill got it when I first saw him. With the tough-guy beard and such, he looked just too cool--they had to have something major planned for him!

Comment

• A few weeks ago, my wife commented that the President looks like a women's basketball coach. That's all I think about now when she's on screen.

Comment

• I've been starting to wonder lately who, at the end of this day, will think Jack is a hero, who doesn't already think so. Renee now seems to have gotten the clue. Who else will come around? The President? The Senator? Larry Moss?

Comment

• The writers will milk this doubt weekly as Jack segues from one undeserved crisis to the next.
                    Moss has a thing for Renee and will be the last to grudgingly admit Jack is OK.
                    The Senator is a "me first " grandstanding politician who needs a scapegoat. and doesn't care about the consequences.
                    If the President hasn't already figured out by now that Jack is on the US side, she never will.
                    On reflection, it doesn't seem likely they would resurrect Bill's character only to kill him off at this point in the series. He really doesn't look too torn up. Look for a finger twitch next week.
                    Look how fast Jack recovered from the nerve gas.

Comment

The writerLook how fast Jack recovered from the nerve gas.
                      That did stretch one's credulity, didn't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman
                        Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Well, he was under some time constraints chasing the baddy. I was disappointed that they failed to show him levitating thought the ceiling tile

Comment

I've been starting to wonder lately who, at the end of this day, will think Jack is a hero, who doesn't already think so. Renee now seems to have gotten the clue. Who else will come around? The President? The Senator? Larry Moss?

I've wondered if the Renee Walker character isn't being groomed for a spin-off series. She certainly was FAR from the helpless damsel-in-distress when going on that boat--and showed great courage doing so...the heroic stuff of central characters.

Kiefer has got to be checking if it's worth doing another season pretty carefully each time now, and with his directing (and music production company) it would be natural for him to step behind the camera and handle a 24 spin-off character. And why not a female? Same as Jack, only completely different. Plus the whole "La Femme Nikita" tie-in with some of the writing crew (and David Fury; for many years one of the head writers of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer series; lots of people already on board who can develop a female hero).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian
                            [ Same as Jack, only completely different. .
                            viva la difference! I'd watch.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                              Not at all----didn't he say words like "some special nerve gas"?

In any case it was obviously designed so he'd regain mobility right away or else the frame-him part of it wouldn't hold water.

Comment

• Freckles Renee is "almost" the same as Jack. My wife has taken to calling her "Jack-ette" :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X