Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandfman
    What's causing me some belief supsension challenges right now is the idea that Bill and Chloe could single handedly re-create the personal and technological penetration power of the old CTU, operating entirely on their own outside the Government. I know Chloe's good, but this is a bit much.
    But . . . but . . . but - all Chloe needs is a laptop and some bandwidth and she can hack ANYTHING! Besides, when the Feds closed down CTU, there was a big fire sale (literally) and Bill got all the equipment for 10 cents on the dollar!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Agent Gedge (Henry Taylor's aide) looks just like Jessie Williams??

Oh and when do these guys eat?? I haven't seen anyone eat in two seasons.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
        Oh, that's easy. When the cameras show Jack out on a field mission, the people in the White House are grabbing a bite. When action shifts to the White House, Jack has a chance to eat.

(They pee during commercials, just as we do. )

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
          Oh, that's easy. When the cameras show Jack out on a field mission, the people in the White House are grabbing a bite. When action shifts to the White House, Jack has a chance to eat.
          (They pee during commercials, just as we do. )
          Really? I had assumed that that they all have bags of nutrients strapped to their bodies and are fed intravenously, Similarly they are catheterized and collect their voidances in bags also. It just gets a little dicey what they connect the bags incorrectly. :shock: :P

Comment

Maybe the real answer is that fictitious people just don't do those things, any more than toons do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              The show is addictive, but it does take a suspension of disbelief of epic proportions.
              What's causing me some belief supsension challenges right now is the idea that Bill and Chloe could single handedly re-create the personal and technological penetration power of the old CTU, operating entirely on their own outside the Government. I know Chloe's good, but this is a bit much....
              You know it has been a bitch of a week a the office when I don't finish the first episode installments until Friday night!

As to funding the thing, I already told the Beautous Babs that Jack's father didn't really get blown up on the oil derrick, has had a change of heart, and has thrown his fortune behind the venture!

As for the trashing of Chloe, she looks down-right hot this year!

I also like the light touches they're throwing in. Thought some of the dialogue was written by William Goldman, when Chloe and the Garofalo character were trading system blockages. "I don't know who it is, but they're really good" "Whoever that is, they're really pissing me off!"

My biggest hoot is Colonel Iké Doubaku, who phases back and forth between some kind of African dialect into a Jamaican patois... I keep expecting him to say "have a nice day, mon."

Worst discontinuity, if I heard right, was when they were storming the garage to get the sniper and the head honcho says, "set up a 5-block perimeter," yet as soon as Jack & Co. clear the parking garage and speed away, she says, "they're outside the perimeter."

Ahh, but all the best stuff requires suspension of belief, right? I mean, we all know Bolt didn't run those times in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                My favorite part of 24 every year is how Jack gets blown up, shot, electrocuted (involving actual heart stoppage), knifed, tortured, smashed into cars, and after all that (and a band-aid) he's good to go! Last night he drove off a second story garage, crashed into some other cars and nary a scratch! :roll: And yet . . . I never miss an episode!

All in fun. Just like the old Bruce Lee/martial arts flicks where a male character gets hit/kicked in the balls about 20 times, then shakes his head, screams and counterattacks.

That was one of the big things I liked about "An Officer and a Gentleman." When the Richard Gere character got nailed in the nuts, the airplane hanger fight was O-V-E-R!

As far as "24", it looks like this season Keifer & Co. are taking their cue from the big screen formula for $ success in tough financial times: more action/fights, shooting, car chases & crashes, a la' Bond and Batman.

Not that this is necessarily bad, mind you.

Comment

I realize this borders on the political, but it is such a perfect ‘art imitates life’ moment, I thought it I would share it with my fellow fans of track and 24. Take it as a cultural analysis of things that have been on tv recently, rather than as a partisan political statement.

I know what gm will think of this--gm, if you really need to get it off your chest, send me a pm. Maybe then the post will have a chance of surviving.

http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01 ... -on-empty/

Comment

Yikes!!!! Agent Walker is in serious deep doo-doo.
                    As a 24 newbie, can one of you veterans tell be if we are going to be chasing the "device" for the entire season or will they wrap this storyline up and get on to something else?
                    I love a suspense story with violent come-uppance for the baddies but, dang, not for weeks on end.

Comment

Can anybody else just not stand the President character this year?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        As a 24 newbie, can one of you veterans tell be if we are going to be chasing the "device" for the entire season or will they wrap this storyline up and get on to something else?
                        I love a suspense story with violent come-uppance for the baddies but, dang, not for weeks on end.
                        Usually they'll find it by episode 8 and find out that the bad guy isn't THE REAL BAD GUY. The rest of the series will chase the new secret bad guy.

Comment

I don't think they're going to find it quite as quickly as Cooter Brown thinks they will, but I agree with you - 24 episodes is an awfully long time to be looking for a MacGuffin. My guess is that they'll get it about half way through. IIRC, a few years ago, the story was not quite as interesting after they found it.

Perhaps you've chosen the wrong show.

Comment

One thing that "gets me" is, for two weeks the President has had only 45 minutes to withdraw the troops before Armageddon strikes. In 15 minutes legions of agents and baddies scurry all over metropolitian DC committing sundry acts of raids, assaults, murder, kidnapping, assassination.....
                            Oh yeah, who is the character, determined to prove his son did not commit suicide, who was poisoned by his Secret Service minder?

Comment

One thing that "gets me" is, for two weeks the President has had only 45 minutes to withdraw the troops before Armageddon strikes. In 15 minutes legions of agents and baddies scurry all over metropolitian DC committing sundry acts of raids, assaults, murder, kidnapping, assassination.....
                              Oh yeah, who is the character, determined to prove his son did not commit suicide, who was poisoned by his Secret Service minder?
                              ?? He's the President's husband. The show's chronology provides the comic relief from Jack's unrelenting badassedness!

Comment

This just gets curiouser and curiouser.. Was this woman the President in earlier seasons?

Comment

Working...
                                X