• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by jhc68
    Jon Voight as quoted by Bloomberg.com today:
    "We are becoming a weak nation," said Voight, calling Obama a "false prophet." Republicans need to find their way back to power to free the nation from "this Obama oppression," he said.

Does Voight know the season is over? Should someone tell him?
    And I thought he was doing such a fine job of acting. Turns out he wasn't acting at all.

I commented earlier that it seemed to me Canadian citizen Southerland has been slowly but decisively talking back his creation from the US Republican Neo-Cons who embraced it a few seasons back. Maybe the choice of Voight as this season's bad guy was done for several reasons.

Also, the best acting comes from the heart...

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    "We are becoming a weak nation," said Voight, calling Obama a "false prophet." Republicans need to find their way back to power to free the nation from "this Obama oppression," he said.

And I thought he was doing such a fine job of acting. Turns out he wasn't acting at all.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    And people wonder why he and Angelina had a falling-out?!

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Dang! Hate to see The Unit cancelled. That was the only show on the that list that I watch.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    Dunno if this is news, but 24 is on the latest update of shows renewed for another season:
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/fall-tv-sco...ich-arent--291

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown
    Lots to look forward to next season. Assuming Jack recovers (you have to assume that or there IS no next season), what will be with him and Renee? If that isn't a relationship waiting to happen, I don't know what is.
    Don't know if it constitutes a spoiler but Renee is back next season and so is CTU. It'll be based in NYC.

Jack and Tony are similar opposites now. Renee is on the edge...which way will she go--?

Very nice positioning for the future with an obviously fan-favorite new character. Again, possible spin-off?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    24 even rated a small editorial in the SF Chronicle this morning:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 01&sc=1000

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    Jack will be killing a mess of taxi drivers...
    Anything to get to King Kong and save that girl.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I kinda liked it in Wash DC. Unlike mere mortals, they could get all over that city during a commercial break. Wont be able to do that in NYC.. or find a parking place when they get there
    Jack will be killing a mess of taxi drivers...

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I kinda liked it in Wash DC. Unlike mere mortals, they could get all over that city during a commercial break. Wont be able to do that in NYC.. or find a parking place when they get there

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Just curious--is that public information or do you have some private knowledge of this?

Leave a comment:

• Cooter Brown
    replied
    Lots to look forward to next season. Assuming Jack recovers (you have to assume that or there IS no next season), what will be with him and Renee? If that isn't a relationship waiting to happen, I don't know what is.
    Don't know if it constitutes a spoiler but Renee is back next season and so is CTU. It'll be based in NYC.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    And of course the rest of that conspiracy is still potentially in the nasty business.
    This is reminding me more and more of Alias (which I liked a lot too) - never-ending conspiracies, nested one inside the other. Each season focuses on a different set of sub-conspiracies, but they always keep the Big One at bay in the background. Come to think of it, that seems to be the MO of a lot of shows in this decade (what is it called again?).

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

And of course the rest of that conspiracy is still potentially in the nasty business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X