Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh... Good Lord !

Is this case a justification for the death penalty or a justification for the insanity plea?

Are some people too far looney to even live?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/37357149.html

Re: Ugh... Good Lord !

Originally posted by jhc68
    Is this case a justification for the death penalty or a justification for the insanity plea?

There is, of course, the possibility that the guy actually was insane but the Texas "lock 'em up/kill 'em/let God sort it out" philosophy simply prevailed.

Comment

Re: Ugh... Good Lord !

Originally posted by Brian
      Originally posted by jhc68

There is, of course, the possibility that the guy actually was insane but the Texas "lock 'em up/kill 'em/let God sort it out" philosophy simply prevailed.
      He is definitely insane. Having said that, violent insane people who kill should be put to rest for good too. No sense in keeping that gene around.

Comment

I don't think the gene of a man who is blind and incarcerated for life is going to do much harm.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          I don't think the gene of a man who is blind and incarcerated for life is going to do much harm.
          Some of the most sadistic murderers in prison get offers of marriage all the time. He could then get married, demand conjugal visits, and likely get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
            Some of the most sadistic murderers in prison get offers of marriage all the time. He could then get married, demand conjugal visits, and likely get them.
            Ugh . . . Good Lord!

Comment

"Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death. "

His history of caring for his offspring and their mother is not stellar.
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.
                I am firmly against the Death Penalty, but if this guy fries, I won't be at the protest march.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.
                  I am firmly against the Death Penalty, but if this guy fries, I won't be at the protest march.
                  Agreed, on both counts. It's cases like this that make me stop and think and wonder how keeping such a tortured soul alive could possibly be in his or anyone's best interest. And also, if he happened to survive for 30 or 40 years in solitary confinement, what would the cost be ? And how many dozens or hundreds of beautiful, innocent, and underpriveleged children might have had a better life if that money had been spent on their needs?

Comment

Working...
                  X