Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS/Non BCS..??

The headlines read....Florida holds on to win BCS title. Not the NCAA title or college football title but....BCS title. Ok cool! I think it's time all those schools like a Utah, Boise State, TCU etc etc etc have their own Championship game, the hell with the BCS. Play the game the night after the BCS title game. I'm betting a Utah vs TCU game gets plenty of attention. I know I'm watching it.

There is no doubt that Utah can beat at least 85% of the BCS teams. Yes I doubt they can hang with Florida, USC, Oklahoma or Texas but they sure as hell can hang with Penn State and Ohio State and even....Alabama.

Time for a change.

If that non BCS game gets enought attention that would pressure the big bad BCS to take another look at how things are being done.

Finally someone comes up with a great idea!.. Stroke of genius. I would much rather see such a title game than have college football degrade into a playoff system. More is better when it comes to football.

There is no doubt that Utah can beat at least 85% of the BCS teams. Yes I doubt they can hang with Florida, USC, Oklahoma or Texas but they sure as hell can hang with Penn State and Ohio State and even....Alabama
    Utah beat Alabama pretty convincingly. I dont see how they would not give Texas or USC all that it could handle.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
      Finally someone comes up with a great idea!.. Stroke of genius. I would much rather see such a title game than have college football degrade into a playoff system. More is better when it comes to football.

There is no doubt that Utah can beat at least 85% of the BCS teams. Yes I doubt they can hang with Florida, USC, Oklahoma or Texas but they sure as hell can hang with Penn State and Ohio State and even....Alabama
      Utah beat Alabama pretty convincingly. I dont see how they would not give Texas or USC all that it could handle.
      The big difference between schools like Utah and TCU vs a Florida or USC is "quantity" of great players. They don't have the depth. Other than that...hey!

Look at all these studs out of non BCS schools...

Walter Payton
      Jerry Rice
      Kurt Warner
      Brett Favre
      Merlin Olson
      Don Maynard
      Willie Brown
      Mel Blount
      Eric Dickerson
      Randy Moss
      "Mean" Joe Greene
      Mercury Morris
      Bob Hayes
      John Stallworth
      Jeff Garcia
      Johnny Unitas
      Jack Lambert
      Deacon Jones
      Terrell Owens
      Phil Simms
      Marshall Faulk
      LaDanian Tomlinson
      Big Ben....ah..Steelers QB
      Andre Reed
      Henry Ellard

I really could go on and on and on and.....

Comment

What is really needed is that the WAC and MWC (basically the two rocky mountain conferences) need to reshuffle and spawn another BCS conference. Call it the Mountain West Conference reconstituted as follows:

Utah
        BYU
        BSU
        CSU
        Colorado (get them out of the Big 12)
        UArizona (get them out of the Pac10 and replace them in the pac 10 with Hawaii)
        Arizona State (likewise)
        Nevada

TCU is not even a west texas team, they belong in the big12!..

All the rest go into the new "Rocky Mountain Conf."

Idaho
        Utah State
        New Mexico State
        UNLV
        New Mexico
        Wyoming
        AF

I realize this is simply making things more regional and there are serious cons to doing that but it would solve alot of the BCS problems without all the playoff stuff. Your opinions appreciated.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

What would you do with Boise State?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            What would you do with Boise State?
            They are there... BSU=Boise State University...

On another note it is probably time for some of the 1AA teams such as Montana to move up. The less competitive Rocky Mountain Conference could accomodate them.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
              What is really needed is that the WAC and MWC (basically the two rocky mountain conferences) need to reshuffle and spawn another BCS conference. Call it the Mountain West Conference reconstituted as follows:

Utah
              BYU
              BSU
              CSU
              Colorado (get them out of the Big 12)
              UArizona (get them out of the Pac10 and replace them in the pac 10 with Hawaii)
              Arizona State (likewise)
              Nevada

TCU is not even a west texas team, they belong in the big12!..

All the rest go into the new "Rocky Mountain Conf."

Idaho
              Utah State
              New Mexico State
              UNLV
              New Mexico
              Wyoming
              AF

I realize this is simply making things more regional and there are serious cons to doing that but it would solve alot of the BCS problems without all the playoff stuff. Your opinions appreciated.
              Arizona and ASU were in the WAC not sooooooo long ago. Love your idea there. Would love to see it.

As we know however the bottom line is always the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. That need rules.

Comment

Working...
              X