• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eldrick
    • Oct 2005
    • 19th hole st andrews

Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Europeans 'always' calling Americans insular and ignorant?? :?
    Generalizations like that can never be true, of course. But the unfortunate fact is that, whether or not Europeans know this or say it, many Americans are indeed insular and ignorant when it comes to world geography.
    you got a free slate with obama

he's already "absolved" all american sins in euro/asian eyes

We Salute America The Great !

Comment

• lonewolf
      • Oct 2005
      • Indian Territory

I was not aware this site existed. i fancied myself a fairly well informed klutz but this was humiliating.

Comment

• Powell
        • Oct 2005
        • right here

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
        Mind you, I've heard people argue that Israel is in Europe.
        Whoever said that? Israel may be a member of certain European institutions (including sports federations), but that's only for political reasons. Geographically, they are most definitely not a part of the continent.

BTW, I got 46/47 on countries of Europe. The only one I missed was Kosovo, and I consider myself justified on this one - AFAIK its independence isn't officially recognized by a lot of countries so far.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• andyjgt
          • Oct 2005
          • Deepest Polynesia

Originally posted by nevetsllim
          46/47 in Europe.

Who on earth cares about Andorra? :lol:
          England almost came unstuck against it (twice!) - not as bad as France nearly did a few years beforehand mind you! Last minute penalty I believe!

Comment

• tandfman
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Powell
            BTW, I got 46/47 on countries of Europe. The only one I missed was Kosovo, and I consider myself justified on this one - AFAIK its independence isn't officially recognized by a lot of countries so far.
            It's recognized by 53 countries, according to Wiki, which means that far more do not recognize it.

The UN does not recognize Kosovo--Russia's continued opposition would e an obstacle to UN recognition.

Comment

• Halfmiler2
              • Oct 2005

I was disappointed to get only 37 but I knew three others that I could not get the spelling right. I wasted a lot of time on spelling and trying to remember the countries of former Yugoslavia, and which former Soviet republics were in Europe and which in Asia. I got most of the little ones.

For our colleagues across the pond, a true test of USA geography/history is not naming all fifty states but giving them in the order that they joined the union. :wink:

Comment

• Powell
                • Oct 2005
                • right here

Originally posted by tandfman
                It's recognized by 53 countries, according to Wiki, which means that far more do not recognize it.

The UN does not recognize Kosovo--Russia's continued opposition would e an obstacle to UN recognition.
                Precisely - that's why I don't consider it a proper country (although our government recognizes it).
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                X