Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Pennsylvania

Can a rookie QB go into Pittsburgh and win a big playoff game? I do doubt it. Can a team with no playoff experience beat a team that has played in a recent Superbowl and five NFC Championship games? I doubt it. So that leaves...Philly vs Pittsburgh....a Pennsylvanians dream game. Funny how the Eagles needed so much help to just make the playoffs and now here they are one step away from the big game.

I do think McNabb is the best QB the Eagles have ever had and Brian Westbrook gets the nod over Wilbert Montgomery as the best back. No Big Ben doesn't surplant Terry Bradshaw...yet... and Fast Willie is no Franco Harris.I do think Hines Ward is every bit as talented as Stallworth and Swann. While that Eagle D is about as good as it's ever been that Steeler D while great is not on a par with ....

L.C.Greenwood
    "Mean" Joe Greene...HOF
    Ernie Holmes
    Dwight White

Jack Ham.....HOF
    Jack Lambert...HOF
    Andy Russell

J.T.Thomas
    Mel Blount.....HOF
    Mike Wagner
    Glen Edwards

Now add HOFers...Mike Webster, Terry Bradshaw, John Stallworth, Lynn Swann and Franco Harris on the offense and those 70's Steeler teams had nine Hall of Famers. Only the 60's Packers compare to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do have a problem with Lynn Swann being in the hall and Bullet Bob Hayes not being there. Check out the stats, it's all Bullet Bob!

Swann

receptions...336
    yards...5462
    td's...51

Hayes

receptions...371
    yards....7414
    td's...71

Some things just are wrong...huh?
Working...
X