• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick McGoohan passes away

Sad news :

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090114/te ... 8abb3.html

A master of the acting profession.

He shouda won an Oscar for his unbelievable performance as Edward Longshanks which included the classic line :

The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots !
    & the unfogettable scene where he has his arm around his son's boyfriend, studiously listening to the latter's proclamations of being versed in warfare & the arts, before proceeding to defenestratre him thru the turrett window !

( just type in "longshanks" to you-know-where - it's the 1st result, but somewhat stop-start )

you are number 6

Comment

When Secret Agent segued into The Prisoner, I seriously thought that was the coolest thing that ever happened on TV. That and The Avengers, perhaps my all-time favorite show (I love you, Mrs. Peel!), were too cool for school!

Comment

In Britain and Canada, Secret Agent played as Danger Man; much cooler title.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          you are number 6
          I AM NOT A NUMBER!!

Comment

you are [comma] number 6!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              you are [comma] number 6!
              Get that f**king ball out of my face . . .

Comment

Do you think the younger generation here has any idea what we are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                  Do you think the younger generation here has any idea what we are talking about?
                  I've been to Portmeirion a few times; the location for filming, in North Wales. Definitely fun when you have seen the series.

Comment

I am not a member of the younger generation here, and I have no idea what you are talking about. That bothers me not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      I have no idea what you are talking about. That bothers me not at all.
                      Iggerintz iz blintz :P

Comment

"... they've given you a number, and taken away your name."

Q. "What place is this?"
                        A. "You're new here, aren't you?"
                        Q. "Where are we?"
                        A. "Would you like breakfast?"

Comment

"... they've given you a number, and taken away your name."

Q. "What place is this?"
                          A. "You're new here, aren't you?"
                          Q. "Where are we?"
                          A. "Would you like breakfast?"
                          good page for the Uninitiated

http://prisoner.gigacorp.net/quotes.html

good stuff:

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

“By the time we've finished with him, he won't know whether he's Number Six or the cube root of infinity.”

Chairman: “We deplore your spirit of disharmony.”
                          No.6: “That's a common complaint around here, isn't it?”

“He has revolted. Resisted. Fought. Held fast. Maintained. Destroyed resistance. Overcome coercion. The right to be a person, someone or individual. We applaud his private war, and concede that despite materialistic efforts, he has survived intact and secure!”

“All that remains is . . . recognition of a man.”

Comment

It played on CBS in New York as "Danger Man" when it was a half hour show, and and "Secret Agent" when it came back later as a one hour show. As long a PBS keeps re-running"The Prisoner" the younger generation will know about it. Of course I introduced "The Prisoner" to my nephew and later to my son, so I've done my part to pass it along! How many T.V. shows have there ever been that can be viewed by the same viewer on more than one level?

Comment

fun analysis at the bottom of this IMDB page on Danger Man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053496/

Comment

Working...
                              X