Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Thorpe vs the competition that Bo Jackson faced..??????? Thorpe does not run away from NFL defensive backs or run over Brian Bosworth. Now it's getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
      Jim Thorpe vs the competition that Bo Jackson faced..??????? Thorpe does not run away from NFL defensive backs or run over Brian Bosworth. Now it's getting ridiculous.
      Texas - you still don't get it?! Everything is relative. Thorpe DOMINATED his era, just as BoJ dominated his brief sojourn with us. That's all we're saying. You can NOT . . . EVER . . . compare athletes across eras. You can try . . . and lord knows, everyone seems to try, but it's pointless.

Comment

I loved his Nike commercials. Especially the one in which he is jogging on the street and turns his head sideways to the camera and says: "Another day, another sport." and keeps on jogging. Are the commercials on the Internet somewhere?

Comment

MLB has an independent scouting organizaiton that the various teams can use to get a fairly unbiased assessment of talent, beyond just their own scouts. They rank each athlete on a scale of 20 to 80 (wish I knew why!), with 80 being perfection. They use that scale for running, fielding, and hitting potential, then average the scores for a final tally. Bo Jackson tied for the highest score ever given by this group at 78. His potential in baseball was actually better than his football promise. That is saying something about a Heismann winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
            I loved his Nike commercials. Especially the one in which he is jogging on the street and turns his head sideways to the camera and says: "Another day, another sport." and keeps on jogging. Are the commercials on the Internet somewhere?
            Youknowwhere has a great one: "Bo Jackson Nike"

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Originally posted by Texas
              Texas - you still don't get it?! Everything is relative. Thorpe DOMINATED his era, just as BoJ dominated his brief sojourn with us. That's all we're saying. You can NOT . . . EVER . . . compare athletes across eras. You can try . . . and lord knows, everyone seems to try, but it's pointless.
              I'm agreeing that yes you leave athetes in their era. I think you missed my point.

Comment

Working...
              X