Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Dancing in the Olympics?!

I couldn't help but notice the link to the article 'bout adding pole dancing to the Olympics on the home page and just couldn't let it slide without comment.

First of all, I'm one who favors scaling the Games WAY back as they.ve become just too bloated and far beyond the scope of the original intent to be of much interest. As the recent article in the "Atlantic Monthy" about the sad state of the "Bird's Nest" points out, the economics just don't make sense. Trying to garner enough cash from advertising renders the whole thing a lose-lose proposition. As Ralphie so correctly pointed-out when he recieived his "Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring" in the mail, "... it's just a crummy commercial!...".

But having said that, if they're going to go on in their current format with lots of questionable (read: plethora of subjectively-scored generation whatever "sports") added to the adgenda each Olympiad in favor of more deserving candidates, then why not pole dancing?

It'd be WAY more interesting to watch and nobody'd care if questionable judging skewed the results. Why would they? You could bet that there'd be no pixies involved (tired of them encroaching in so many events yet?) Heck, there could be different categories for nearly-nude and full-nude performers, and even allow for different "weight" classes in the form of C, D, double D, etc., even further broken down into "natural" and "augmented" categories.

The various events'd provide hours 'n hours of entertainment value. Heck, even the usual Up-Close-and-Stinko segments'd be worth watching. Just imagine the potential for those heart-rending sob stories!

And besides, some portion of cash collected from tips and lap dances could go into the kitty to bail-out the Chinese who'll likely never otherwise break even on the "Bird's Nest". It'd definately be a win-win!

This is MY kinda pole dancing!

Comment

Re: Pole Dancing in the Olympics?!

Originally posted by Honusonthesound
      I couldn't help but notice the link to the article 'bout adding pole dancing to the Olympics on the home page and just couldn't let it slide without comment.
      And besides, some portion of cash collected from tips and lap dances could go into the kitty to bail-out the Chinese who'll likely never otherwise break even on the "Bird's Nest". It'd definately be a win-win!
      I'm intrigued by your ideas, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

Working...
      X