Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker...

....all had great speed. As did Darrel Green and a slew of other sprinters who never really reached their potential as tracksters due to their football ability. Then there's Bullet Bob Hayes and Tommie Smith who left the track world for football in their early 20's. What if Hayes had been there in 68 and Smith had line upped vs Borzov in 72? If Darrel Green could run a 10.08 at Texas A&I what's he run at 24-28? The track world has been cheated out of some great performances and sprinters thanks to football. Imagine Deion Sanders serious about the 100 meters? Green could also chug a 46 low 400 meters. While at Auburn, Jackson never really unleashed the jets. He did run a 9.5 in high school. The sight of Bo standing next to Walker would have been a sight. I'm thinking they did hook up at an SEC indoor 60..???

In todays NFL we have Terrence Newman, Michael Bennett, Sammie Parker and Jamaal Charles all in that 10.15-10.20 world. At the NCAA level there's LSU's Trindon Holliday and Florida's Jeff Demps both have ran sub 10.10. Cal has Javid Best a former Cal State 100m champ. Will football gobble them up also.....probably. Don't forget USC's Bryshon Nellum does play football. (hope the kid recovers fully :cry: )

Don't get me wrong, yes you go where the $$$$$$ is. Just talking from a fan's perspective who feels cheated when it comes to track but happy when it's football....hahahaha! Yep...fickle!

Whatever happened to Jemere Holland?
Working...
X