Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the "New Old Roald Bradstock"

Many of you may remember me from my performance ( or rather exhibition ) at the 2008 US Olympic Trials - throwing in 3 different hand painted outfits that matched my 3 different hand painted javelins. As I expected I got a lot of media coverage but what I did not expect was all the negative comments about my weight, but I guess at 5ft10" weighing 234lbs and wearing spandex outfits I should have been prepared for that. It had a profound effect on me and what was supposed to be my last competition.

So I have decided not to retire. I have been training hard and now weigh 192lbs (lost 42lbs), increased my strength and am throwing better then I have in years. I opened up last week in Clermont with a world leading masters throw of 67.02m:

YouTube video:
    2009 World Leading Masters Javelin - Roald Bradstock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2HtcvFg ... annel_page

I would also just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for being so polite in the past. In addition to the press, a lot of forum comments and YouTube comments can be very harsh!

Roald Bradstock Light looks pretty good. Nice to see you back.

Comment

Re: Introducing the "New Old Roald Bradstock"

Originally posted by roald62
      I have been training hard and now weigh 192lbs (lost 42lbs), increased my strength and am throwing better then I have in years.
      You inspire my less-than-hard-body self to get out there and train harder!!

Marlow, the 58-year-old-going-on-72 hurdler/jumper

Comment

Very impressive, both distance & weight!

Now this 64 year old has been inspired to go back to the gym & the pool after 2 months off & several pounds on!

Keep on throwing!

Comment

Ecxellent stuff, Roald! I see you are still releasing over a straight knee. The good old trampoline effect eh? No need to retire, you should be into the low to mid 70's
          in no time at all.

Comment

Working...
          X