Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget the game, what are ya eating during the stomach bowl?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Slow-smoked spare ribs over a mix of apple and peach wood (7 hours approximately), ....
    Am I the only guy on the planet who has no use for slow-smoked ribs?

Give me a roaring mesquite fire and flame some baby backs for 20 minutes or so; outside charred, inside still with some integrity and need to be ripped off the bone.
    You haven't had bbq until it's slow-smoked. I don't cook my ribs til they're fall of the bone. I like tug too, but slow-smoking gives the perfect tug if you do it right. I flame kiss them at the end for carmelization puposes. Also, if you're doing baby backs a better wood is cherry or apple since it goes very well with pork. Mesquite is a beef wood (i.e. steak).
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

if I wanted dreary meat falling off the bone I'd eat a pot roast; don't go anywhere near that either. Meat's supposed to feel like meat, not mashed potatoes.

apple & cherry are fine for bacon, but not for ribs.

Comment

here's a short video on the caja china

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeK5VMUe4y0

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          if I wanted dreary meat falling off the bone I'd eat a pot roast; don't go anywhere near that either. Meat's supposed to feel like meat, not mashed potatoes.

apple & cherry are fine for bacon, but not for ribs.
          Sorry to tell you bro but the last several winners of the Memphis in May BBQ championship used apple and cherry wood to much success. Give it a try before you disagree.

Dreary meat, falling off the bone? Who's cooking your food? :lol:
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

This is what you want - an Argentinian asado:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asado

Especially if you're going for beef over pork. I've never had it done better.

Oh and squackee & mike, next time you're in Britain, we have better beers than Bass. Although Newcastle Brown's not bad. Although I'm more of a Guinness and alcoholic cider fan myself when I'm drinking pints. I don't really drink beer, apart from the odd glass of Hoegaarden.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
              Is that picture they show the Bacon Explosion or a cloose up of your arteries after eating one?
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                This is what you want - an Argentinian asado:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asado

Especially if you're going for beef over pork. I've never had it done better.
                I roasted whole lambs in my backyard for 30 years (one year two lambs at once) w/ a similar contraption I made out of rebar and fenceposts.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Slow-smoked spare ribs over a mix of apple and peach wood (7 hours approximately), ....

Give me a roaring mesquite fire and flame some baby backs for 20 minutes or so; outside charred, inside still with some integrity and need to be ripped off the bone.
                  You haven't had bbq until it's slow-smoked. I don't cook my ribs til they're fall of the bone. I like tug too, but slow-smoking gives the perfect tug if you do it right. I flame kiss them at the end for carmelization puposes. Also, if you're doing baby backs a better wood is cherry or apple since it goes very well with pork. Mesquite is a beef wood (i.e. steak).
                  You are making me hungry. This sounds damn good. Not that I would scoff at gh's ribs or lamb either. Prosit, gentlemen!
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I roasted whole lambs in my backyard for 30 years ...
                    Isn't 30 years just a bit long to roast even a whole lamb? You must like your meat well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                      Originally posted by gh

You are making me hungry. This sounds damn good. Not that I would scoff at gh's ribs or lamb either. Prosit, gentlemen!
                      This is an example of the finished product. No mush, just ribified goodness.

http://www.rothcpa.com/archives/misc/ribs.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                        My brother in law made one for his party yesterday. I only ate about half of it... not enough bacon!

Comment

Thanks to an administration that apparently hates fun, my Superbowl Sunday was spent drinking coffee rather than beer. Physio exam the morning after the Superbowl? Come on.

Comment

Working...
                          X