Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's make one thing perfectly clear......$51,000,000. aftertax dollars is a monster pile of money. More than one could reasonably spend in a lifetime, (most of us here have used up most of that anyhow), so how important is the investment side? Assume one spreads it around in savings accounts gaining 2% interest per year. Thats $1,000,000. gross per year, netting about $600,000. or $50,000. per month. I call that very comfy living, and the principle is never touched.

Got your eye on a nifty yacht........go draw out a loose million or so and splurge, no big deal. If you need to tighten up, go fish off the fantail for your dinner.

No more flying in coach.......first class all the way.....you can afford it. Look.....first class, per person round trip from San Franciso to Sydney is $24,000. piece of cake, just flip out the old card and have a nice flight.

If you want to get wiped out in a year of so.....just enter a boat in the America's Cup. You will blow throught that $51,000,000 in no time.

Me........I'm taking care of some friends, then leaving a good chunk for us and the the rest goes into a family foundation for charity. Lots of scholarships for bright, hardworking kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
      Let's make one thing perfectly clear......$51,000,000. aftertax dollars is a monster pile of money. More than one could reasonably spend in a lifetime, (most of us here have used up most of that anyhow), so how important is the investment side? Assume one spreads it around in savings accounts gaining 2% interest per year. Thats $1,000,000. gross per year, netting about $600,000. or $50,000. per month. I call that very comfy living, and the principle is never touched.

Got your eye on a nifty yacht........go draw out a loose million or so and splurge, no big deal. If you need to tighten up, go fish off the fantail for your dinner.

No more flying in coach.......first class all the way.....you can afford it. Look.....first class, per person round trip from San Franciso to Sydney is $24,000. piece of cake, just flip out the old card and have a nice flight.

If you want to get wiped out in a year of so.....just enter a boat in the America's Cup. You will blow throught that $51,000,000 in no time.

Me........I'm taking care of some friends, then leaving a good chunk for us and the the rest goes into a family foundation for charity. Lots of scholarships for bright, hardworking kids.
      Jack, i forbide you to fly on those big bloated sky buses even if its first class. Your gonna be a multi millionaire and you wanna fly on a private jet. When does the plane leave? It leaves when Jack says it leaves. What kind of drinks and food is on board? Whatever Jack freakin wants, thats what!
      phsstt!

Comment

"Jack, i forbide you to fly on those big bloated sky buses even if its first class. Your gonna be a multi millionaire and you wanna fly on a private jet. When does the plane leave? It leaves when Jack says it leaves. What kind of drinks and food is on board? Whatever Jack freakin wants, thats what!"

OK. Clay Lacy is a neighbor. "Hey Clay, bring up the G5, Going to Auckland for some lamb and a bit of cricket"

Comment

"Jack, i forbide you to fly on those big bloated sky buses even if its first class. Your gonna be a multi millionaire and you wanna fly on a private jet. When does the plane leave? It leaves when Jack says it leaves. What kind of drinks and food is on board? Whatever Jack freakin wants, thats what!"

OK. Clay Lacy is a neighbor. "Hey Clay, bring up the G5, Going to Auckland for some lamb and a bit of cricket"
          G5 -perfect! Have a onboard flight attendant to take care of all your in-flight needs. 8-)
          phsstt!

Comment

The gamblegod told me in a vision last night that $95.2 mil was chump change and below my station and directed me to win the $113.7 mil on Friday.

So be it.

Comment

The gamblegod told me in a vision last night that $95.2 mil was chump change and below my station and directed me to win the $113.7 mil on Friday.
              So be it.
              Bless you.

Comment

Maybach Exelero is on order- I can afford the 3 MPG rating

I just bought the winning Mega ticket,sorry gang :twisted:
                Tom Hyland:
                "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Re: Maybach Exelero is on order- I can afford the 3 MPG rati

Originally posted by wineturtle
                  There can be more than one, you know. Wouldn't it be something if there were five winning tickets, and they were all bought by people who've posted on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    Originally posted by wineturtle
                    There can be more than one, you know. Wouldn't it be something if there were five winning tickets, and they were all bought by people who've posted on this thread!
                    Hey.....I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.

Comment

I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.
                      So do I, and guess what? They don't include you. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.
                        So do I, and guess what? They don't include you. Sorry.
                        But watch out for Walt, who also has tickets.

Comment

:cry:
                          Tom Hyland:
                          "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Driving down to Big 12 T&F Ch last Thursday, I stopped for gas in Waco, bought a $1 Texas lottery ticket, won $5, bought five more tickets, nada.
                            So, I didn't win millions but I rationalized that I got six looks for $1

Comment

Up to $137,800,000. cash payout. After tax money is appx $87,500,000. Now that's serious money.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I believe if you take the cash, you don't get the $137 million. You get the present value of the stream of payments that would add up to that amount (which is lower). And then you pay the tax on that lower amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X