Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    The only good news is the money I'll save by not buying tickets for the next few weeks until the pot once again gets big enough to sucker me in.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    Looks like there was a winner other than Walt or I. Scheeesch

Leave a comment:

• Walt Murphy
    replied
    Re: Maybach Exelero is on order- I can afford the 3 MPG rati

[quote=Jack Slocombe]
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by "Jack Slocombe":20jkowgt
    I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.
    So do I, and guess what? They don't include you. Sorry.
    But watch out for Walt, who also has tickets.[/quote:20jkowgt]

You betcha. And, despite Marlow's pledge of friendship, I'm keeping it all to myself! To show that I'm not completely selfish, I will pay for all the beer you can drink anytime I meet a board member. I'm already planning to stage the world's biggest international relay invitational at Franklin Field on the Wednesday of Penn Relays week. I'll even take care of the added expense of bringing in the thousands of Jamaican fans who come to Penn a day or two early. And enough prize money to attract all of the world's best runners.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    Originally posted by mcgato
    Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
    I'm taking the cash, paying the federal taxes, and doin my thang.
    There would also be state taxes, if applicable. Should a person move to a more friendly state to avoid state taxes, or is that even possible?
    No state tax in Calif on winnings.

Leave a comment:

• mcgato
    replied
    I'm taking the cash, paying the federal taxes, and doin my thang.
    There would also be state taxes, if applicable. Should a person move to a more friendly state to avoid state taxes, or is that even possible?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    You're right. I guess I hadn't noticed that the Mega jackpot had gotten that big--I assumed that the 137 was the announced jackpot and I was wrong. That's a nice cash payout, but I think if I were buying a ticket, I'd still opt for the 212 paid out (and taxed) over time.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    I could be wrong, but I believe if you take the cash, you don't get the $137 million. You get the present value of the stream of payments that would add up to that amount (which is lower). And then you pay the tax on that lower amount.
    Actually the total lottery is $220 million. The winner has the option of taking annual payments of the full amount or he may take a single cash payment of $137.8 million. I'm taking the cash, paying the federal taxes, and doin my thang.

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    http://www.megamillions.com/

Guessing the figure Jack posted is the "cash option" amount.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    I could be wrong, but I believe if you take the cash, you don't get the $137 million. You get the present value of the stream of payments that would add up to that amount (which is lower). And then you pay the tax on that lower amount.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    Up to $137,800,000. cash payout. After tax money is appx $87,500,000. Now that's serious money.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Driving down to Big 12 T&F Ch last Thursday, I stopped for gas in Waco, bought a $1 Texas lottery ticket, won $5, bought five more tickets, nada.
    So, I didn't win millions but I rationalized that I got six looks for $1

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle
    replied
    :cry:

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied

I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.
    But watch out for Walt, who also has tickets.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied

Originally posted by wineturtle
    I just bought the winning Mega ticket,sorry gang :twisted:
    There can be more than one, you know. Wouldn't it be something if there were five winning tickets, and they were all bought by people who've posted on this thread!
    Hey.....I don't share well so forget the multiple winner bit. I've got big plans for the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X