Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Mine (for today) are:

1) Joggers who decide to run in automobile traffic lanes. Especially the ones who run while pushing those double-wide expensive baby buggies, usually containing overweight kids who are so big their feet are practically dragging the ground!

2)People whose reaction to every situation is to say, "It is what it is."
    What the hell does that mean, anyway?

As a runner I've never understood number 1 myself.

Running on a road with no sidewalk is one thing, but someone please explain to me the need to run on an asphalt or concrete roadway when there's a perfectly good, and much safer, sidewalk.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Running on a road with no sidewalk is one thing, but someone please explain to me the need to run on an asphalt or concrete roadway when there's a perfectly good, and much safer, sidewalk.
      Sidewalks are hard concrete. Roads are a flexible base and are much less wear and tear on the joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
        Roads are a flexible base and are much less wear and tear on the joints.

Maybe a new, freshly laid asphalt road with air pockets. But one compacted by hundreds or thousands of vehicles weighing tons each driving over them every day?

Comment

Re: Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Originally posted by jhc68
          Mine (for today) are:

1) Joggers who decide to run in automobile traffic lanes. Especially the ones who run while pushing those double-wide expensive baby buggies, usually containing overweight kids who are so big their feet are practically dragging the ground!
          Drivers, who, whilst making a right turn at a rolling stop, look left and punch the gas before looking right. Have ended up on a car hood as a result.

Comment

Impunctuality - I think it shows gross disrespect for others. If I can make sure I'm on time, which I do (no, actually I always arrive early, because I've given myself plenty of time to get there - knowing that sometimes it takes longer than anticipated to get there), why can't others? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comment

Cyclists who ride next to each other on busy streets instead of in single file.

Harley riders swarming around your car making it impossible to hear your music even with the windows down.

Comment

1. when you're at a public car wash keep in mind not everyone is into LOUD gangsta rap

2. when in a line have your stuff ready...BEFORE...you get to the teller/window/whatever. You had time while you were waiting.

3. why do people take babies to walk in theaters? How much is a babysitter?

4. when you are there, you should get priority over somebody who calls in. They are put on hold, not you.

5. women should be treated like what there are...weaker...in the workplace.

Comment

Cyclists who ride down the middle of the sidewalk (particularly couriers) and expect pedestrians to get out of their way.

Nearly had an accident with a courier who played a game of chicken with me and went from at least 50km/hr to a dead halt right, in less than a block, in front of me. Couriers are generally on the assholeish side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
                    5. women should be treated like what there are...weaker...in the workplace.
                    Hmm, interesting.

Since most workplaces these days don't involve brute strength, we can assume you mean as far as intelligence as well?

Comment

• Kids who play their music on their mobils on the subway/tube/metro and believe everyone else is into the same groove.[/*:m:3poi1v02]
                      • People who don't give up their seat to an elderly or handicapped person[/*:m:3poi1v02]
                      • "Me-first" when there is a designated line[/*:m:3poi1v02]
                      • Rude people in general[/*:m:3poi1v02]

Comment

Dog owners who dont obey the leash law and their dog attacks me while im running.

My fantasy - have a pet rhino off the leash who gores the no leash dog owner with its horn.

Jerks who cuts in line with their cars.

My fantasy- drive a tank with a turret that spins around and hit em with a 88m shell right up their tail pipe.

Tailgaters- see fantasy no. 2
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          Dog owners who dont obey the leash law and their dog attacks me while im running.
                          How about those owners who don't scoop after the poop? What nasty people!

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                            Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                            How about those owners who don't scoop after the poop? What nasty people!
                            I know someone who picked up the dog poo left on their front yard and brought it to the dog owner with the comment, " Here, i think this is yours."

Its like they dog owners are saying, " You dont mind it my pet shits on your property, do you?" No of course not, you dont mind if i pee in your glove compartment, do you?
                            phsstt!

Comment

On a multi-lane highway, drivers in a lane to my left or right, maybe a short car length behind, who surely see my turn signal, indicating that I want to move over, who then give absolutely no ground to let me do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X