Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    On a multi-lane highway, drivers in a lane to my left or right, maybe a short car length behind, who surely see my turn signal, indicating that I want to move over, who then give absolutely no ground to let me do so.
    What do you expect in Indianapolis? 8-)
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Originally posted by Texas
      5. women should be treated like what there are...weaker...in the workplace.
      Hmm, interesting.
      Since most workplaces these days don't involve brute strength, we can assume you mean as far as intelligence as well?
      I was thinking the same thing. At my place of work males are outnumbered by females 2 to 1. Exactly how should I be treating them, Texas?

Comment

Texas will be distressed to know it's brave new world out there. Probably best not to peek out of the cave.

http://www.prb.org/Articles/2007/Crosso ... Rates.aspx

A
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE

I know someone who picked up the dog poo left on their front yard and brought it to the dog owner with the comment, " Here, i think this is yours."

Its like they dog owners are saying, " You dont mind it my pet shits on your property, do you?" No of course not, you dont mind if i pee in your glove compartment, do you?
          They should be forced to have a fondue.

Comment

I agree about punctuality Marlow.
            Also- if I say I am going to be somewhere I am there and if I am not then start to worry please. :x

I also find it rude not to answer emails in a timely manner. When I get ignored more than once then I take it as a "get lost" message which is fine but it would be nice if the person just said so.

Far too many driver pet peeves to even get into. :evil:

Comment

I have too many peeves to classify any of them as "pets" but I think punctuality, actually tardiness, is my biggest gripe. Sure, stuff happens sometimes but you can almost count on some people to be late.

Comment

Hmm, interesting.

Since most workplaces these days don't involve brute strength, we can assume you mean as far as intelligence as well?
                I am talking..brute strength...and yes there are jobs out there that are physical. Women simply don't possess that upper body strength. Please don't.."oh yeah, well how about Chyna"..ok?

Comment

Hmm, interesting.

I am talking..brute strength...and yes there are jobs out there that are physical. Women simply don't possess that upper body strength. Please don't.."oh yeah, well how about Chyna"..ok?
                  I originally interpreted Texas' #5 as a gentlemanly behaviour toward the ladies. Chivalry has not died with equal rights. Not for me, it hasn't .
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    Hmm, interesting.

I originally interpreted Texas' #5 as a gentlemanly behaviour toward the ladies. Chivalry has not died with equal rights. Not for me, it hasn't .
                    I guess im also quilty of following Texas's suggestion. I work with heavy boxes and the woman who does our paperwork is 5 foot nothin and 115 lbs. I have and will continue to help her lift something very heavy every time it comes up.To be honest if it was a dude the same size i would not be so quick to help.
                    phsstt!

Comment

What wife hasn't handed her husband a jar she can't open then he..."here ya go babe :lol: " I work with ladies who do things they have no business doing then the company has safety meetings....sheesh!

Comment

My pet peeve is teachers - we get perennially moaned at for not attending school regularly. Well I do turn up and I wonder what the point is when I have had the grand total of two and a half lessons since last Wednesday. :roll: It's a two-way system - you can't expect us to show regularly when teachers decide not to turn up.

People with colds - they should be quarantined instead of passing it around to everyone!
                        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Re: Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Originally posted by EPelle
                          Drivers, who, whilst making a right turn at a rolling stop, look left and punch the gas before looking right. Have ended up on a car hood as a result.
                          I once started to cross the street at a red light to go my morning bus stop and a driver only looking to the left almost ran me over while making a right turn. I jumped backwards to the street corner and tapped on his side window as he went by. He pulled the car over, got out of the car enraged and threw a coffee mug at me. Luckily, he missed. :roll:

Comment

Re: Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                            Originally posted by EPelle
                            Drivers, who, whilst making a right turn at a rolling stop, look left and punch the gas before looking right. Have ended up on a car hood as a result.
                            I once started to cross the street at a red light to go my morning bus stop and a driver only looking to the left almost ran me over while making a right turn. I jumped backwards to the street corner and tapped on his side window as he went by. He pulled the car over, got out of the car enraged and threw a coffee mug at me. Luckily, he missed. :roll:
                            I assume the driver will not look right, the direction i am running and always run around the back of the car. Better safe than sorry.
                            phsstt!

Comment

Further complaints - only based on things which have happened today.

- People commenting that I have ginger(ish) hair - yes, I know and I have heard all of the funny, funny remarks so go away and annoy someone else.

- People at supermarkets who decide to block the aisles with their trolleys whilst they compare prices of sardines or something, or ever worse, have conversations which block the aisle. Don't these people realise they are in the way?!

- When you make a cup of tea or coffee in the morning and you realise the milk has gone off when you get back to bed. :twisted:
                              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

[hand in air] I know the answer!!!! [Waving hand frantically]

"Old folks who insist on writing checks (a major drag to the speedy checkout) and don't even start writing before the total is known, and then write the whole thing again in their register before handing over the check to the clerk.

Also old folks who pay in cash and insist on paying to the penny, scrounging around for change for what seems like hours. " with apologies to our friend 'good beefy'

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                                X