Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The driver behind you that's deep in traffic like everyone else, but feels the need to gun it, go around you and cut you off. Typically, this is followed by an immediate right turn or a jump onto an exit. Why the heck can't they just stay behind me and take the exit that's 50 yards away? I'm not a turtle. I'm typically going over the speed limit anyway. At least the wife says I am.

I love speeding up to ensure they don't make it over though. In DC/Maryland traffic that could add like an hour to the commute. Evil? Maybe. Fun? You betcha! :twisted:
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
      [hand in air] I know the answer!!!! [Waving hand frantically]

"Old folks who insist on writing checks (a major drag to the speedy checkout) and don't even start writing before the total is known, and then write the whole thing again in their register before handing over the check to the clerk.

Also old folks who pay in cash and insist on paying to the penny, scrounging around for change for what seems like hours. " with apologies to our friend 'good beefy'

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
      They're the worst! :lol:

Comment

People who stop dead in their tracks as soon as they get out of a shop doorway or off an escalator without actually moving any distance from said doorway or escalator. Thank goodness I used to run middle distance and I know how to jig around someone who stops dead (transferable skills, huh?). Otherwise I would have cannoned into many, many people by now.

Nevets, my sympathies on the ginge thing. I like red hair and never understood why anybody made a fuss about it. I think the worst thing is that people seem to think they're being original, witty or the first [censored] to say it!

I have many more peeves but have been told to watch my blood pressure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          As a runner I've never understood number 1 myself.

Running on a road with no sidewalk is one thing, but someone please explain to me the need to run on an asphalt or concrete roadway when there's a perfectly good, and much safer, sidewalk.
          I ususally run in the street as it is relatively flat and even, while the sidewalks are often uneven with segments differing in height by wide margins. Also in the winter the street is more often ice free.

Comment

Prior to the bad hammy thing I'd do sidewalks when available because of the cars and the crown of the asphalt. I've heard that technically sidewalks (concrete) are harder than roadways (asphalt), but I think as it affects runners legs that the difference is pretty minimal.

Comment

People who don't know that you push the up button to summon an elevator when you want to go up, and the down button when you want to go down, regardless of whether the elevator is above or below you when you push the button.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                People who don't know that you push the up button to summon an elevator when you want to go up, and the down button when you want to go down, regardless of whether the elevator is above or below you when you push the button.
                Now there is one I have never seen. What kind if inbred crowd do you hang out with?

Comment

How is this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29491384/
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    That's a real gem, Pego! Does eating at McDonald's kill brain cells? That's the real emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                      That's a real gem, Pego! Does eating at McDonald's kill brain cells? That's the real emergency.
                      In her defense, the policy of not refunding the purchase amount when the food she purchased is unavailable is BS. Still, not exactly 911-worthy.

Comment

Not 911-worthy by any means, but I wouldn't have hesitated to call the cops (on a regular number) and asked them to charge the McDonald's person with theft. There's no excuse for what they did.

Comment

Here's a really gross one for you.... people who do not flush urinals in public toilets. And far, far worse, don't flush toilets with the bad stuff in them !

Comment

At least half of the public urinals I see these days are auto flush. Maybe people have just gotten accustomed to that and don't flush even when there's an obvious handle for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                              In her defense, the policy of not refunding the purchase amount when the food she purchased is unavailable is BS. Still, not exactly 911-worthy.
                              The customer was screwed. I would not have called 911 but we would have had a long, loud confrontation. Local managers may think they can bluff customers into accepting an alternative meal but I find it hard to believe this is McDonalds corporate philosophy/policy.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                                Originally posted by bad hammy
                                The customer was screwed. I would not have called 911 but we would have had a long, loud confrontation. Local managers may think they can bluff customers into accepting an alternative meal but I find it hard to believe this is McDonalds corporate philosophy/policy.
                                I like her fighting back against a stupid ass policy. Maybe the police would have been a better choice but she was "robbed." Does it matter the amount? Its the principle.
                                phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                                X