Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who hit reply to all on every single piece of office email AND decide to type in LARGE COLORFUL LETTERS TO GET THEIR BROWN-NOSING POINT ACROSS TO THE BOSS!

:P :P

Comment

In my dotage, I really have no pet peeves. BULLSHIT.

Grouped by situation.

On the road again:
      People who don't use turn signals. I used to think that members of AAA would have their membership revoked if ever caught using turn indicators. But that was up in the bay area. Virtually no one uses em down here. Those who do, well, I just assume that the signal was on when they bought the vehicle.

People who treat stop signs (or lights for that matter) as optional. I'm talkin' to you San Diego.

People who block the lane in a parking garage (or lot, but they are easier to get around) waiting for a "close" space. Damn, walk 50 meters, surely you jest.

Also, in parking lots, the fools who rip through at 40, giving people trying to exit no time to react.

At the market:
      The counting (or reading) challenged souls who roll a full cart into the express checkout lane. If there are no lines, no problem, but usually, there is a line.

The person with a problem, who uses the express lane to get service, which usually involves at least one supervisor.

The market, which for some reason decides to move everything around (product placement?) about the time I have figuered out where things are.

Corollary, for chains, the layout doesn't seem to be uniform among the stores. Poor signage doesn't help.

Pets:
      The failure do deal with dog poop has been covered. My bitch is the poor latchkey dogs who howl, nostop, until mom/dad gets home. Hey folks, know your breeds. Some dogs require a lot of attention. If you can't provide it, get a cat. Cats are really good at solitude. Even when you are home.

There, feel better. Nothing will change of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mike renfro
        At the market:
        The counting (or reading) challenged souls who roll a full cart into the express checkout lane. If there are no lines, no problem, but usually, there is a line.
        Doesn't even have to be a full cart. If the limit is 10 and they've got 14, I call them on it. I chastise the customer and also the cashier who allows it. I figure if I'm vocal about this often enough, the store might just get the idea that people do care, and that they're mistaken if they refuse to enforce the express lane rules because they don't want to offend a customer. They are offending every customer behind the non-compliant one and they need to realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          Originally posted by mike renfro
          At the market:
          Doesn't even have to be a full cart. If the limit is 10 and they've got 14, I call them on it. I chastise the customer and also the cashier who allows it. I figure if I'm vocal about this often enough, the store might just get the idea that people do care, and that they're mistaken if they refuse to enforce the express lane rules because they don't want to offend a customer. They are offending every customer behind the non-compliant one and they need to realize that.
          Here's another one. I'm in line last night to see The Watchmen (don't ask - it was NOT good), when all of a sudden about 6 people jump in line ahead of me. So being the gentle soul that I am, I say - rather loudly - "Whoa there! The end of the line is back there." So the guy ahead of me says, "They're with me." So I say, "And? You can go back there with them if you wish." Of course he starts getting belligerent, so I say, "Since you seem to have no problem with line-skipping, how about I just skip right in front of all of you?" The people standing around us are now all smirking at our little skirmish. My wife gives me The Glare, so I just stay quiet, but everyone around me is now winking at me. Oh well . . . :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
            What wife hasn't handed her husband a jar she can't open then he..."here ya go babe :lol: " I work with ladies who do things they have no business doing then the company has safety meetings....sheesh!
            The women in my world do all of the heavy lifting. Weaker...nuh-uh...I couldn't/wouldn't go through childbirth.

cman

Comment

Weaker...nuh-uh...I couldn't/wouldn't go through childbirth.

cman [/quote]

But as I always used to tell the ladies where I worked, when they complained about childbirth:

" Hey, it's the man that did the hard part ! "

Comment

there is a difference between "compliment" and "complement".

in New York City, USA, there is Grand Central TERMINAL. It is always referred to in all the MTA literature and communications. Grand Central "Station" is for the subway stop. (a Terminal is the end of the line, trains all stop there and everybody gets out. A Station is where trains can come in and go out or pass through to another station.)

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve

cman
                  But as I always used to tell the ladies where I worked, when they complained about childbirth:

" Hey, it's the man that did the hard part ! "[/quote]

And you still have your genitalia intact?????

Comment

Folks who drive like drunken monkeys because they are screwing around with cell phones.

Comment

[quote="hammer forever"]there is a difference between "compliment" and "complement".

Not necessarily. Famous TV interview in Raleigh, NC between two well-known NC State hoopsters in the 80s - Charles Shackelford (small forward) and Chris Washburn (big center). Reporter: "So Shack, you play outside and Chris plays inside. How do you complement each other so well?"

Shack (after long pause): "Well, when Chris makes a good shot, I say 'Good shot, Chris' and when I make a good shot, he says 'Good shot, Shack.'"

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                        Originally posted by dukehjsteve

cman

" Hey, it's the man that did the hard part ! "
                        And you still have your genitalia intact?????[/quote]

THe threatened me with, as they called it in our office, " The Bobbit Machine", aka as the paper cutter.

Comment

Yeah, I would hate to get a paper cut there. ops:
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Re: Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Two:

1. People who drive slower in the left/passing lane so they can hold ther cell phone up to their ear with their left hand.

2. Smokers who believe the world is their ashtray. I have many friends who smoke or have smoked and, to a person, they have either carried a pouch to put their cigarette butts in or used a pop can. So it can be easily done if the person cares.

Comment

This is what I just observed this morning in a supermarket.
                              A young woman (without children) in an an express lane. When her order is entered by the cashier, she starts cutting out coupons from the flier. No shit!
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Question: What super market check out line is slower than being behind the coupon clippers and check-writers and senior citizens who have yet to master the debit card machines?

Answer: The fracking SELF-CHECK machines!!!! No one knows how to operate them and even if you did , they don't operate correctly!

I have another super-market complaint, too! Ever since the strike several years ago decimated the union clerks in southern California, the service has sucked. Old familiar clerks who actually made enough $ to want to keep their jobs have been replaced with part-time kids who get paid much less and have the attitude to match. At least people seem happy working at Trader Joe's when I go there for my 2 Buck Chuck.

I pay cash at the supermarket. It surprises the bejabbars out of everyone but it doesn't take long to complete a transaction. And lots of times some previous customer has forgotten coins in those little automatic change makers!!!
                                :lol: I'm getting older and crankier by the moment....

Comment

Working...
                                X