Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Re: Add your narrow minded, pet-peeve, cranky complaints...

Originally posted by odelltrclan
    Originally posted by Daisy
    then move into my lane and either slow down or immediately turn right
    Good one. Especially the slowing down thing. What's up with that??
    Or as an alternative (i.e. they are not right behind you but in the other lane) but you see them coming for a long ways with no one right behind you in your lane and they come up, pass you, pull into your lane and immediately slow down and turn right so that you have to slow way down or stop. They could have simply moved up right BEHIND you and turn since there was a ton of room behind you. GGRRRRR!

I think what is up with that is that these people are like dogs. It is a form of marking their territory, somehow leaving their mark of superiority! Drives me nuts!!
    Add to this a principal refusal of some (many) to use a turn signal.

Leave a comment:

• odelltrclan
    replied

Originally posted by Daisy
    Or as an alternative (i.e. they are not right behind you but in the other lane) but you see them coming for a long ways with no one right behind you in your lane and they come up, pass you, pull into your lane and immediately slow down and turn right so that you have to slow way down or stop. They could have simply moved up right BEHIND you and turn since there was a ton of room behind you. GGRRRRR!

I think what is up with that is that these people are like dogs. It is a form of marking their territory, somehow leaving their mark of superiority! Drives me nuts!!

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• odelltrclan
    replied

While driving, people who are in the lane behind me pull over into the next lane and then pass me (I am not a slow driver either) and then move into my lane and either slow down or immediately turn right. As though the 2 seconds they might have saved made their day!

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Reading a 2 year old thread and having to remember what previous pet peeves I've covered, or not.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    People that do not flush public toilets after they do the job. Disgusting.
    People who use impersonal pronouns rather than personal pronouns when referring to people. :P

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied

People that do not flush public toilets after they do the job. Disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Originally posted by Brian
    1. People who drive slower in the left/passing lane so they can hold ther cell phone up to their ear with their left hand.
    You are not alone.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 93698.html

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    You should report Sean to the national office of the chain. Address your letter to the President of the company. If you get no redress, try the Federal Trade Commission or your local consumer protection agency.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    I decided to join a new gym since my old, stinky warehouse style place got demolished in favor of some new million-dollar condos.

A national chain has an online only promo of $179.99 per year. So I go in to eyeball the local site and I am told by the sales manager - a guy named Sean - that the lowest possible annual rate is $299.99. He says no lower rate has ever been offered and he demonstrates on his computer that their website only displays the higher rate.

Sean declines to google the promo rate, which I confirmed later from home was still posted and available, and does his best to get me to sign for the higher rate with him (earning a commission, I presume, by convincing me that I am delusional).

So I decided to keep running stadium stairs and using my hand weights at home!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by jhc68
    Also, I get annoyed when prompted to key in an account number on the phone and then get transferred (as Marlow says, after an interminable wait) to a real person who immediately asks (wait for it....) your account number!!!
    I agree. Even if the transfer is immediate, if you've keyed in your account number, why should they ask for it again? I think the next time that happens, I'm going to tell the person in no uncertain terms that doing that undermines their credibility and diminishes my confidence in the technical capacities of their company. If enough people told them that, maybe someone would get the clue, especially if the calls really are being monitored for "quality control."

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    I usually end up screaming obscenities into the phone when I have to talk to a robotic voice ("Speak normally and I will be able to understand you.... NOT!)

Also, I get annoyed when prompted to key in an account number on the phone and then get transferred (as Marlow says, after an interminable wait) to a real person who immediately asks (wait for it....) your account number!!!

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Here's a whole column devoted to the writer's pet peeves.
    http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/1 ... o-hear/?hp
    I'll second the one where you can't get a real person to talk to on the phone, and at the end of a 15-prompt voice mail system (in between the 'your call is important to us' messages), instead of the 'if you wish to speak to a representative, please stay on the line', and being put on (interminable) hold, you get the 'to hear these options again, please press 1.'
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Here's a whole column devoted to the writer's pet peeves.

http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/1 ... o-hear/?hp

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Originally posted by tandfman
    By hitting "Enter" and creating another vertical space, you're unnecessarily adding to the length of the post and the thread.
    That was the point :wink:

If that was your point, you should have added even more spaces, as some people do. :evil:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X