• Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by marknhj
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    Ben, get rid of it.
    Agreed. It's way too intrusive.
    So are tv commercials. But we all understand that they're there to enable the providing of free entertainment. I assume the videos on the home page are there for the same reason.

Saying "get rid of it" isn't going to work any more than telling NBC to get rid of commercials because they are way too intrusive.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by AS
    Originally posted by gm
    You could always turn your sound off.
    Not when I actually use sound-based materials for teaching etc and thus am listening to them during day (with occasionaly forays of to TFN)...
    This goes on the "pet peeve" thread, but I hate when people have a radio or TV going at the office. Especially if it is on sports talk or ESPN... :lol:

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    Not when I actually use sound-based materials for teaching etc and thus am listening to them during day (with occasionaly forays of to TFN)...

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    Ben, get rid of it.
    Agreed. It's way too intrusive.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Ben, get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied
    It is also not overly office friendly. Turns a few heads to have commentary kick in while others are "working"

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Yes, I agree. It's a bloody nuisence! Although it's more of a nuisence on tilastopaja when you have it on the front page and also when you want to search for an athlete.

Leave a comment:

• IFK_Vaxjo
    replied
    This crappy video commercial is following me around! It's on the front page of tilastopaja as well, extremely annoyning to have to press the pause button everytime you enter the site.

Leave a comment:

• dakota
    started a topic Video on home page

Video on home page

I'd like to complain about the video on the front page. It hijacks my browser and plays automatically even though I haven't requested it to play. My computer freezes temporarily and I have to listen to audio I'm not interested in. I'm sure many people will be put off visiting the main site if this invasive viral marketing persists.
Working...
X