Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Written or Edited a Wikkipedia Entry?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Written or Edited a Wikkipedia Entry?

Ever amended a topical profile there, or created one?

All the time.

Comment

Hammy is too modest... a few years back he entertained at some length, as I recall, with his adventures in Wikidom.

I fixed a bad track stat once and I'll be darned if whomever had put it up in the first place didn't change it back.

I decided that if I ever really got into policing it for track facts it would be become a full-time job (or two) of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        I decided that if I ever really got into policing it for track facts it would be become a full-time job (or two) of its own.
        Why not an in-house T&F wiki without the random noise from drive by IP edits?

Comment

Just the Facts, Ma'am

There's a site called Chickipedia dedicated to actresses and models. Wonder how long 'til somone will start Trackapedia?

Comment

I'm constantly updating the male high jumper's bios and stats.
            If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
              I'm constantly updating the male high jumper's bios and stats.
              When you say constantly, do you mean you have to keeping fixing them? Or are you changes stable?

Comment

I've updated a few entries, when PR's are improved and records are broken. Sometimes, I include little-known facts about them. I think my entry was changed once, but it was dead wrong and so I reposted with a reference included. That seemed to shut the little non-T&F news poster up.
                If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Re: Just the Facts, Ma'am

Originally posted by bijanc
                  There's a site called Chickipedia dedicated to actresses and models. Wonder how long 'til somone will start Trackapedia?
                  My favorite Wiki spoof is www.dickipedia.org .

Note: Too funny - when I entered www.dickipedia.com it redirected to Chickipedia.

Comment

Not track related but have had some experience with Wikipedia, which is monitored by people with their own agenda and prejudices. I had to hire an attorney to force the removal of entirely false, slanderous/libelous entries while they zealously edit and whitewash the entries for favored "celebrities"

Comment

Re: Have You Ever Written or Edited a Wikkipedia Entry?

Originally posted by bijanc
                      Ever amended a topical profile there, or created one?
                      tons..

but I have to be in the mood or it would be a 24/7 job

Comment

Re: Just the Facts, Ma'am

Originally posted by bad hammy
                        My favorite Wiki spoof is www.dickipedia.org .
                        Thank you. I hadn't seen that before. Some funny stuff there.

Comment

Have edited many.

Comment

Several times, Mostly about high jumpers and once about a friend who is an actor.

Comment

I did only once, when I spotted a glaring error in the article on Marian Woronin. It said there was controversy surrounding the timing of his 10.00, since his time was 9.992 and it should have been rounded to 9.99 :?
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X