Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Written or Edited a Wikkipedia Entry?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was written by a guy who also celebrates Pi Day.

Comment

Yes -- a few entries -- for instance, I occasionally contribute some updates/edits to the "Ultramarathon" entry.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Hammy is too modest... a few years back he entertained at some length, as I recall, with his adventures in Wikidom.
        Currently I have close to 200 articles on my watchlist (meaning I have edited them and am semi-keeping track of the edits others make). There are only a few articles I keep really close tabs on; the vast majority of articles on my watchlist get edited regularly without me checking up on the edits. For the most part, as an editor, I add content to articles and let others handle the fancy formatting that you often see.

lonewolf is right that there are editors with agendas and prejudices keeping track of certain articles. This is most easily evident on articles that are on contentious/controversial subjects (the second amendment, for instance).

Actually some of the most interesting stuff on wikipedia are the agreements and disagreements that editors have on the discussion pages (all wiki articles have a discussion page that editors use to haggle over content - there is a discussion tab at the top of each article). These discussions can be over the most trivial bit of minutia, but can be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          These discussions can be over the most trivial bit of minutia, but can be very entertaining.
          Hmmmm..... Sounds a tad familiar, doesn't it...?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            That was written by a guy who also celebrates Pi Day.
            You must mean the Pi Approximation Day :lol: (which also happened to be the Polish national holiday in communist times)
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Re: Just the Facts, Ma'am

Originally posted by bad hammy
              Originally posted by bijanc
              There's a site called Chickipedia dedicated to actresses and models. Wonder how long 'til somone will start Trackapedia?
              My favorite Wiki spoof is www.dickipedia.org .
              I came across another one today that will definitely appeal to some folks around here: http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Comment

Working...
              X