I'm Shocked, Shocked I Tell Ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Shocked, Shocked I Tell Ya

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are splitting up: http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 35,00.html

Wow. I feel completely blindsided; never saw that coming!

Comment

I don't care one way or another, but they have had, and would have continued to have, much too much media scrutiny for 18-19 year olds to cope with, in addition to being young marrieds with a baby to boot. If Mom had not been named a Veep nominee, their relationship would have had a much greater chance of surviving. She should have immediately declined McCain's offer and used her daughter's pregnancy as the principal reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        If Mom had not been named a Veep nominee, their relationship would have had a much greater chance of surviving.
        I got the distinct impression at the time (July-Aug-Sep) that there would have been NO relationship if Mom hadn't been the VP nom. Just another teen pregnancy case, where the 'couple' splits after the biodad discovers his impending 'demise'.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          Originally posted by dukehjsteve
          If Mom had not been named a Veep nominee, their relationship would have had a much greater chance of surviving.
          I got the distinct impression at the time (July-Aug-Sep) that there would have been NO relationship if Mom hadn't been the VP nom. Just another teen pregnancy case, where the 'couple' splits after the biodad discovers his impending 'demise'.
          Good point marlow. Either way, Mom's decision put an unfair burden on them.

Comment

Or, conversely, their decision put an unfair burden on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
              Or, conversely, their decision put an unfair burden on everyone.
              Obviously this is a story that is played out a million times every year or two - nothing special or newsworthy. Except for the grandmother and the timing. Yes, I hyped it here and now for sorta humorous effect, but at the personal level of Bristol, Levi and Tripp it is a serious issue that will stick with all three for the rest of their lives. If it was not for Grandma it would be no real story whatsoever.

Comment

I only wonder had it not been for Grandama's nomination, would their have been an actual baby at all. IE would the pregnancy have been terminated if not for the media hype surrounding Sara's pro life standpoint. I guess we will never know for sure what the truth is there, but it would be really sad to think that Bristol only had the baby because of her mother's political aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by highjumpfan
                  would the pregnancy have been terminated if not for the media hype surrounding Sara's pro life standpoint.
                  Palin was still the mom of a dependent daughter, and her 'morals' would have prevented an abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Originally posted by highjumpfan
                    would the pregnancy have been terminated if not for the media hype surrounding Sara's pro life standpoint.
                    Palin was still the mom of a dependent daughter, and her 'morals' would have prevented an abortion.
                    Yes Its hard to believe the same mom who willing had a down sys. baby would not be able to sway her own daughter from killing her unborn.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Not trying to be obtuse, but who gives a rat's anus?
                      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                        Not trying to be obtuse, but who gives a rat's anus?
                        In the micro-dont care at all. In the macro its tragic there are so many babies born to broken marriages.
                        phsstt!

Comment

Oh, I agree that is a sad issue but I'm just sick of the media hype about this. There's much bigger issues out there.
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                            Oh, I agree that is a sad issue but I'm just sick of the media hype about this. There's much bigger issues out there.
                            Agreed, it belongs in a gossip rag, not page 2.
                            phsstt!

Comment

It's gettin' ugly.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 897044.ece

“Levi tries to see Tripp every single day, but Bristol makes it nearly impossible,” Mercedes Johnston is quoted as saying.

“She tells him he can’t take the baby to our house because she doesn’t want him around ‘white trash’. The worst part, Ms Johnston tells the magazine, is that Governor Palin supports her daughter’s treatment of Mr Johnston.

Comment

Working...
                              X