Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 movies ...

....I'd like to watch back to back to...

Cool Hand Luke
    Escape From New York
    Warriors
    Roadhouse
    Roadwarrior
    On The Waterfront
    King Kong (1933)
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Rebel Without A Cause
    Casablanca

Not that I'll ever have 20 some hours to kick back and watch TV, but if I did......

No list is complete without Thunder Road

Comment

Hmmm??? Am I the only person in the world who has no desire to see a movie a second time? They always end the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        No list is complete without Thunder Road
        Wouldn't crack my top 10. Would be in my second movie madness day however.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
          Hmmm??? Am I the only person in the world who has no desire to see a movie a second time? They always end the same.
          So does sex and every song I've ever heard twice. I'm not giving up sex and listening to music

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
            So does sex and every song I've ever heard twice. I'm not giving up sex and listening to music
            Yep, like a movie you have seen, you know how its gonna end but you still want sex. :P
            phsstt!

Comment

in no particular order...

Watchmen
              One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
              The Godfather
              Tootsie
              Olympia (Leni Riefenstahl)
              Mad Max II (Road Warrior for you Yanks...)
              Some Like It Hot
              LOTR Trilogy (HOW could I forget...)
              The World According to Garp
              A Clockwork Orange

and (though it's not really a movie) "The Olympiad"

Some of these I could watch again and again... and not because of dongs or cross-dressing...

Comment

I plan someday to watch all 3 Lord of the Rings back to back to back. Over 10 hours. Thats a lot of popcorn and beer my friend.
                phsstt!

Comment

Hmmm??? Am I the only person in the world who has no desire to see a movie a second time?
                  No, you're not. But I have made exceptions for a few classics that were so good that I didn't mind seeing them again, knowing that I'd thoroughly enjoy them again.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    Hmmm??? Am I the only person in the world who has no desire to see a movie a second time?
                    No, you're not. But I have made exceptions for a few classics that were so good that I didn't mind seeing them again, knowing that I'd thoroughly enjoy them again.
                    I enjoy watching a great movie again with someone who hasnt seen it before.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      knowing that I'd thoroughly enjoy them again.
                      Just finished seeing Apocalyse Now for probably the 50th time - I have three sections of seniors every year and they all read Heart of Darkness and then watch AN (with some commentary by me, natch!), and write a comprehensive thematic compare/contrast paper.

Not only do they really like it, but even I enjoy it every time, even though I know the dialogue by heart now. I guess that's how the Rocky Horror Picture Show crowd feels. :roll:

Comment

Actually, the movie "Clue" a few years ago was shot with three different endings. Depending which showing you saw, the "real" ending would be different.

I do find that I often miss the beginning of films I see on television, so another viewing allows me to sometimes see the beginning I previously missed.

Of course, certain classics are worth seeing again and again - especially if I haven't seen it in a long time. I pick up things on the re-viewing that I missed the first time around.

And I've reached the age that if I only saw a film once decades ago, I have probably forgotten some of the details.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          I plan someday to watch all 3 Lord of the Rings back to back to back. Over 10 hours. Thats a lot of popcorn and beer my friend.
                          Funny, but when I read the books, I felt it was not something to be read in bits and pieces. So while I was on Christmas break from school one year, I read the whole 2,000 pages (+/-) in a couple weeks straight - constantly refering back and forth to the Middle Earth guide I also had. I haven't tried to watch the three movies together yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Just finished seeing Apocalyse Now for probably the 50th time - I have three sections of seniors every year and they all read Heart of Darkness and then watch AN (with some commentary by me, natch!), and write a comprehensive thematic compare/contrast paper
                            do you ever change that syallabus ? :P

isn't it about time for something like hamlet or king lear ?

( you can watch mel gibson's film after )

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                              Of course, certain classics are worth seeing again and again
                              Yes, Dumb and Dumber is one of them .
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                              X