Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness 2009

It's started. I've got Louisville over UNC in the final in my......bracket....

I've got it the other way (and unless Memphis picks it up, I'm gonna lose one of my Final Four this morning!)

Comment

..nooooooooooooo! now I have to watch the rest of the tournament with the sound off.... they're chasing Callahan there too!!!! Aiyeee!!!!!!!

Comment

As others see us:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... tournament

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          Let's see, how exactly does the rest of the world react during the World Cup? Kinda similar as I remember.

Comment

He makes it sound pretty exciting. And yeah, all the excitement does sound a bit like the World Cup with similar nerds trying to predict who'll qualify from the group stages etc.

I've never got into basketball - prob 'cos i'm only 5'6". :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              ..nooooooooooooo! now I have to watch the rest of the tournament with the sound off.... they're chasing Callahan there too!!!! Aiyeee!!!!!!!
              My knee-jerk every time I hear it is, "Cool, Dirty Harry."

Comment

guy told me this in a bar last night (he's usually good on trivia, so I assume it's true):

When the tournament started there were 4 states that had never played in the tournament. One of them is playing this year. Which is that, and which 3 are still left out?

Comment

Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island?

North Dakota for the first time.

Off the top of my head and going for obvious answers...

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
                    Let's see, how exactly does the rest of the world react during the World Cup? Kinda similar as I remember.
                    During March Madness, Corporate America pretends to carry on. During the Word Cup, in the rest of the world, there is no sham attempt to pretend anything will get accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown

Providence never made it? That would surprise me. I think Maine and Delaware are more likely answers.

Comment

Any math gurus out there can tell me how many total different bracket sheets could be used? Only counting 64 teams. I came up with a total of 2,305,843,009,213,693,952. Is that the correct number?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman

Providence never made it? That would surprise me. I think Maine and Delaware are more likely answers.
                          Providence has certainly made it, as has URI. I would guess South Dakota. Their state schools just recently became DI (same as ND). Delaware had some decent teams when Notre Dame coach Mike Brey was there - think they made a tourney or two.

Comment

yes, North Dakota was the first timer.

Of the other three, you got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              Originally posted by bambam
                              During March Madness, Corporate America pretends to carry on. During the Word Cup, in the rest of the world, there is no sham attempt to pretend anything will get accomplished.
                              That's true - the last but one place I worked our boss saw sense and just gave in and booked half a restaurant/bar for us for all the England matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X