• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown
    Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island?

North Dakota for the first time.

Off the top of my head and going for obvious answers...
    yes, North Dakota was the first timer.

Of the other three, you got one.
    Just for the record it is North Dakota State that made the tournament not North Dakota. :wink:

The other three are Alaska, New Hampshire and South Dakota (as all the Dakota teams just became eligible for the Tourny this year, all were DII until 4 or 5 years ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
      Originally posted by gh

yes, North Dakota was the first timer.

Of the other three, you got one.
      Just for the record it is North Dakota State that made the tournament not North Dakota. :wink:

The other three are Alaska, New Hampshire and South Dakota (as all the Dakota teams just became eligible for the Tourny this year, all were DII until 4 or 5 years ago.)
      Are we certain about New Hampshire? I think that Dartmouth made the tournament back in the 40s or 50s.

Comment

OK, I had to go look it up, in a book I have called "The Encyclopedia of the NCAA Basketball Tournament" - don't ask why.

New Hampshire is definitely wrong. Dartmouth played in 1941, and a couple of other times as well. So New Hampshire is out.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman

Providence never made it? That would surprise me. I think Maine and Delaware are more likely answers.
          Of course, they did. Early seventies. Ernie DiGregorio, Bad News Barnes et all.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

So I go away for a week and you guys forget all about March Madness?

My Heels are finally playing like they mean it. But so is U of L. Hansbrough-Griffin (UNC-Oklahoma big white boys) should be an interesting matchup tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
              So I go away for a week and you guys forget all about March Madness?

My Heels are finally playing like they mean it. But so is U of L. Hansbrough-Griffin (UNC-Oklahoma big white boys) should be an interesting matchup tomorrow.
              Haha...

Griffin is black.

Well, he would've been a few years ago and certainly anytime prior to that.

Ahhh...progress; the one drop rule is being (regularly) contested by white folk (Obama, Tiger, Jeter. etc ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

Anyway, the match up should be interesting... none the less.

I got 7 of the Elite 8 correct but the team I missed on (Memphis), I had winning it all. :cry:

Oh wretched man that I am, who will save me from this body of death?
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Griffin is black.

Ahhh...progress; the one drop rule is being (regularly) contested by white folk (Obama, Tiger, Jeter. etc ).

Guess I missed on that one. Well, he looks....ahhh, better leave this one off here. He's big and quick and it's about game time.

GO HEELS!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                  Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Griffin is black.

Guess I missed on that one. Well, he looks....ahhh, better leave this one off here. He's big and quick and it's about game time.

GO HEELS!
                  LOL

Well you were right about Tyler anyway.

And your Heels took care of business.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

So I started watching the tourney yesterday and I can already see that UNC will beat UConn in the final!!

Comment

UNC is playing really well right now.

Surprising factoid: According to today's article in the Courier-Journal about their loss to Michigan St., U. of Louisville had never been ranked #1 in the AP poll before this season, despite a pretty good tradition of college hoops, with six Final Four appearances and two NCAA titles. Hard to believe.

Comment

Well Jaybird, you should be feelin' real good about now. Methinks you're goin' all the way !

Comment

Brackets, Trivia Question

My buddy who just moved to Nashville is currently second in the Tennessean newspaper's bracket contest (out of about 11,000 entrants)- winner gets a 57" tv.

The question is, can you name, w/o cheating, the seven Catholic schools who have won the NCAA Men's D-1 basketball championships? Most avid sports fans can recall about five.

Comment

Villanova (1985), Georgetown (1984), Marquette (1977), Loyola (Chicago) (1963?), Lasalle (1940s? twice?), and I'm stuck. Did Duquesne win one decades ago? Don't recall them winning one.

Comment

Holy Cross.... in 47 I think. Some kid named Cousy played for them.

Comment

When DePaul won the NIT with Mikan was that a better tournament than the NCAA?

Comment

Working...
                                X