X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad news for us carnivores

eat red meat..... die

http://mobile.washingtonpost.com/detail ... l=1#___1__

It's better to die from a steak than a salad.

Comment

particularly if you wanna die with your boots on; how silly would you look with boots and a salad?!

Comment

Notice the article said, "In contrast, routine consumption of fish, chicken, turkey and other poultry decreased the risk of death by a small amount."

In other words, death is on the horizon. Period.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

In Britain we just had a small study of vegetarians -v- red meat eaters flagged up on the BBC. Although vegetarians were less likely to die of various cancers, they had higher instances of bowel cancer than red meat eaters. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by The article
            After accounting for other variables that might confound the findings, such as smoking and physical activity...
            This is a crux of this kind of generalization. You simply cannot account accurately for all the variables. Did they account for family history of the individuals, ethnic background, drinking alcohol, posting on T&FN message board? I am afraid, their conclusions can hardly be supportable.

Pego says, enjoy your steak and don't fear. You'll die of something, eventually.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Thank you, Pego, I shall continue with my Friday steaks. Chicken and fish are eaten during the week, but nothing to me tastes as delicious as a huge slab of red meat medium-well done on a platter.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                Thank you, Pego, I shall continue with my Friday steaks.
                And I will not give up my new favorite holiday.

Comment

And I won't give up my flash-torched ribs!

(note, by the way, that despite the angle taken by the marketing boys, pork as it pertains to this survey is red meat, not white)

Comment

Eat perfect.......get hit by truck! Give me the freakin meat.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      And I won't give up my flash-torched ribs!

(note, by the way, that despite the angle taken by the marketing boys, pork as it pertains to this survey is red meat, not white)
                      With or without mesquite?
                      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                        Did they account for . . . drinking alcohol, posting on T&FN message board?
                        And what about drinking alcohol while posting on T&FN message board??

Comment

EVERYTHING will eventually kill you, so just sit back and enjoy the ride. I only eat red meat 7 days a week, so I should be OK. If they ever find out the chocolate limits your lifespan, then my wife is going to be very wealthy, very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            Originally posted by Pego
                            Did they account for . . . drinking alcohol, posting on T&FN message board?
                            And what about drinking alcohol while posting on T&FN message board??
                            I can think of a few suspects here :wink: .
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

And its not the quanity, its the quality. Live to 120 and watch everyone you love die? WOW, where do i sign up for this shit?

The trick is to live a long and fun life and die just before everyone else does.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X