Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To protect and serve

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9383 ... &GT1=39002

I have a number of friends who are cops. Some have even done the run-into-a-burning-building bit. People like this make my friends and other good cops look bad.

Thankfully, guys like this are rare.

This story is getting a lot of attention around the country.

Not much interest in here though.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

From what we know, the cop seems to have acted inconsiderately. There.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        From what we know, the cop seems to have acted inconsiderately. There.
        "Seems" ?

:lol:

Like I said...

"In here" :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
          This is the first time I've seen it. Second, the only news I can see here is that this guy happened to be an NFL player. Is anyone really surprised by the rest. Not that it's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
            This is the first time I've seen it. Second, the only news I can see here is that this guy happened to be an NFL player. Is anyone really surprised by the rest. Not that it's right.
            I'm watching the Today Show as I type this and they reported that while the incident involved an NFL player there is "much more to the story than that."

Although I agree with you that if it didnt involve an NFL player, we may not even know of it.

To answer your question...

No, I'm not surprised by any of it.

Well, maybe that most of it was caught on video and released; albeit weeks(?) after the incident actually occurred.

Comment

Well, maybe that most of it was caught on video and released; albeit weeks(?) after the incident actually occurred.
              Yes this was surprising. Caught on tape from his own car, no less. Is it possible the guy thought his behaviour was reasonable? :cry:

Comment

Yes this was surprising. Caught on tape from his own car, no less. Is it possible the guy thought his behaviour was reasonable? :cry:
                I think it was a young guy who for the most part took protocol too far, if you will, and failed to use good judgment and compassion.

He even pulled his weapon on the family.

But dont forget...

Just last week a couple of Oakland police officers didnt pull their weapons during a traffic stop and 4 of them were killed.

Comment

Scott Ostler of the SF Chronicle had this to say yesterday:

Usain Bolt is signed to run a 150-meter race in May, in England. Competitors will sprint down the main street in Manchester. Organizers considered holding the event in Dallas but feared a cop might pull the sprinters over in mid-race.

Comment

I guess that's what gets me, too. Could it really be that the worst of the good 'ole boy idea is still this alive and well (at the higher levels; i.e, police) in certain parts of the country?

Comment

Ryan Moats is willing to accept the officer's apology.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story? ... 226&page=1

Comment

Working...
                      X